* IEEE802.11 BEB Implementation
@ 2011-07-17 18:29 Anbarasan
From: Anbarasan @ 2011-07-17 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,

I am Anbarasan. I want to modify the Binary Exponential Back-off (BEB)
implementation of IEEE802.11 WLAN.

Can you help me in identifying the code section for BEB? BEB doubles the
contention window (cw) during transmission retry.

I googled but I could not find any. I browsed the source but I could not
identify the section that implements the BEB.

Following is a comment in the file (driver/net/wireless/iwl-commands.h):
/*Device will automatically increase contention window by (2*CW) + 1 for each
transmission retry.  Device uses cw_max as a bit mask, ANDed with new CW  value,
to cap the CW value.*/

The above is the BEB and I am looking for this implementation. I could not find
it. Kindly help. (I have a Intel Wireless card.)

Regards
Anbarasan

* Re: IEEE802.11 BEB Implementation
@ 2011-07-18  7:46 ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2011-07-18  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anbarasan; +Cc: linux-wireless

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 18:29 +0000, Anbarasan wrote:

> Following is a comment in the file (driver/net/wireless/iwl-commands.h):
> /*Device will automatically increase contention window by (2*CW) + 1 for each
> transmission retry.  Device uses cw_max as a bit mask, ANDed with new CW  value,
> to cap the CW value.*/
>
> The above is the BEB and I am looking for this implementation. I could not find
> it. Kindly help. (I have a Intel Wireless card.)

Isn't "Device will" and "Device uses" obvious? The card does it, you
cannot modify this implementation.

johannes