* --simplify-by-decoration, but include branch points
@ 2011-09-22 18:24 Andrew Pimlott
From: Andrew Pimlott @ 2011-09-22 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

The --simplify-by-decoration option to git log is a great way to view
branch topology.  However, it is a bit misleading because it does not
necessarily show branch points.  For example, I have a repository that
looks like:

    * 6045d25 (HEAD, master) 3
    | * 8daa592 (branch) 2.1
    |/
    * a4da73a 2
    * 014106d (tag: v1) 1

This is from "git log --decorate --all --graph --oneline".  If I add
--simplify-by-decoration, I get

    * 6045d25 (HEAD, master) 3
    | * 8daa592 (branch) 2.1
    |/
    * 014106d (tag: v1) 1

Note it appears as though the branch point is 014106d, when it's really
014106d.  I would love to see an option like --simplify-by-decoration
that also selects branch points for display, maybe
--simplify-by-branch-point.  (It should be possible to combine it with
--simplify-by-decoration.)

Is there anything like this?

Andrew

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-09-22 18:24 UTC | newest]