* Re: KVM test: Unattended install support
       [not found] <1407808857.1411531249348128856.JavaMail.root@zmail05.collab.prod.int.phx2.redhat.com>
@ 2009-08-04  1:11 ` Michael Goldish
From: Michael Goldish @ 2009-08-04  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues; +Cc: kvm, dhuff, autotest

----- "Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues" <lmr@redhat.com> wrote:

> This patchset introduces unattended install to autotest. This is a
> first-pass implementation for reviewers, and actually we don't have
> much else to say, except that we need to:
>
>  * Create unattended install files for all our supported os (that
> will be a large task)
>  * Implement simple templating system for answer files so we can
> replace the host IP address on the end stage, where the guest
> reports the end of installation to the host OS.

It'll probably take me a little while to read all the code (there's
a lot of it!) but let's start with the easy stuff:
AFAIK the builtin tftp and bootp servers only work when using user
mode networking, so we already know the host's address is 10.0.2.2.
Another implication of this is that in kvm_tests.cfg we should specify
'nic_mode = user' for unattended install tests (the TAP patches make
TAP the default mode).

@ 2009-08-03 22:38 Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues