* [Buildroot] Issue with Xorg: i cannot generate and xorg.conf file
@ 2011-12-26 17:03 Alain-Serge Nagni
From: Alain-Serge Nagni @ 2011-12-26 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,
??? I have an issue with Xorg. I'm using buildroot-2011.11, and i did build Xorg as part the modules for the embeded system that I'm constructing. The target CPU is an Intel Atom 1.1 GHz and I I have a 4GB Compact Flash (CF).

After completing the build and loading the system on my CF, I booted the system. The system did boot properly and I logged in as "root".

?

I did execute the command " Xorg -configure" to generate the "xorg.config" file but the command failed: No xorg.conf will be generated and the screen will remain black. That is strange.

But when I executed the command "startx", xwindows started without any problem. I could run Xwindows applications without any problem.

Normally on Desktop sytem, if you are not able to execute the command " Xorg -configure" you will not be able to start Xwindows. So I'm asking myself what should I be doing differently with buildroot to generate the xorg.conf file?

Do anybody knows what is going on and how can I solve the issue? Thanks for your help.

I did attached to this email, my build root configuration file and the Xorg output.

Thanks for your help,
:-)