* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2012-01-16 10:13 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2012-01-16 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the latest set of patches from the -nmw git tree, so
there are no currently outstanding GFS2 patches at the moment, and the
-nmw tree is empty once more,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2014-07-21  9:55 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2014-07-21  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the -fixes tree, so I've rebased the -nmw tree which
now has only a single patch in it,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2013-01-29 10:58 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2013-01-29 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Since Linus has pulled the patch I sent him yesterday, I've now rebased
the -nmw tree on top of Linus latest kernel,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2013-01-04 11:03 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2013-01-04 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus pulled the -fixes tree yesterday, so I've rebased the -nmw tree on
top of Linus' latest tree,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2: Git trees
@ 2013-01-02 11:17 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2013-01-02 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Now that -rc1 is out, I've updated the GFS2 git trees accordingly,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2012-04-24 16:14 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2012-04-24 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the fix that I sent him earlier, so I've rebased the
-nmw tree on top of that now,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2012-04-12 10:45 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2012-04-12 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the -fixes tree, so I've rebased the -nmw tree on his
latest kernel,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2012-03-22 10:36 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2012-03-22 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the latest set of patches, so the tree is now empty
again,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2: git trees
@ 2012-02-28 17:42 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2012-02-28 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has just pulled the fixes tree, so I've rebased the -nmw tree on
top of the latest upstream,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2011-10-31  9:31 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-10-31  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the -nmw tree. I'll leave that tree empty for now as we
are not supposed to add patches to linux-next until the merge window has
closed. As soon as that has happened I'll get Bob's two readahead
patches queued up, plus anything else that has appeared in the meantime.

Now that I'm back from Prague and my kernel.org account is back working,
I hope to be able to get back to normal wrt dealing with patches. I'll
also be working through a small backlog of things I've been waiting to
do,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
       [not found] ` <20111028022502.be20e4714658f8de02ec6a18@canb.auug.org.au>
@ 2011-10-27 15:41   ` Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-10-27 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 02:25 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:16:38 +0100 Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Stephen, the tree which should be included into linux-next is
> > gfs2-3.0-nmw
>
> OK, I have switched to that now.  Any reason that you didn't take the
> opportunity to remove the kernel version number from the tree URI?

Well, I guess I could have done that, but I didn't think about it at the
time...

> > I think everything should be pretty much identical to before, so let me
> > know if there are any issues,
>
> Well, I didn;t know about your temporary tree, so there is quite a bit of
> stuff here that has never been in linux-next. Linus may, or may not, ask
> you about that.

Yes, he has already asked about it :-) The temporary tree had in any
case only been in existence for a very few days anyway, so the reason
that I'd not sent that location to you was really just that I was still
expecting my kernel.org account to reappear at any time.

I'll send him another pull request shortly, as his objection last time
was (I think) being unable to verify the message I sent him with a
command line tool. Asking him to pull from kernel.org should resolve
that problem I think.

Thanks for adding us back to linux-next and let me know if you find any
issues,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2011-10-27  8:16 Steven Whitehouse
       [not found] ` <20111028022502.be20e4714658f8de02ec6a18@canb.auug.org.au>
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-10-27  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

I've recently received my kernel.org account back again. As a result
I've reset up the trees along the same lines as before. They are named
slightly differently (but identically to the temporary trees at SUCS,
which currently have identical content)

So the "next merge window" tree is called: gfs2-3.0-nmw
and the fixes tree is: gfs2-3.0-fixes

From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-10-24 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Thanks to SUCS, there is now a gitweb for the two GFS2 git trees here:

http://sucs.org/gitweb/

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2011-10-21 12:49 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-10-21 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

So after a week of waiting, I've been told that I don't meet the
criteria for a kernel.org account as my key has not yet been signed by
enough people. I still don't know how many "enough" actually is as
they've declined to say.

I have managed to get my key signed by a number of people though, and
there is a complete (short) chain back to hpa, so I thought that would
be enough, but it seems not.

So.... I've set up on a temporary basis a couple of repos at the
following URLs from which it should be possible to pull by http at
least. Its not ideal, but it is better than nothing.

http://sucs.org/~rohan/git/gfs2-3.0-nmw/
http://sucs.org/~rohan/git/gfs2-3.0-fixes/

Depending on how things go, we may get gitweb set up there too at some
stage. For those who may be wondering, this is the same Swansea
University Computer Society whose name used to appear in the boot
messages of the networking code.

There is nothing in the -fixes tree at the moment, but there may well be
the odd patch moving into there shortly.

I'm also going to continue to follow up on getting my key signed so that
maybe I'll meet whatever the criteria are that are required by
kernel.org at some stage too,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2011-10-17  9:37 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-10-17  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

I now have a suitable gpg key which I've sent the details of to the
kernel.org admins on Thursday last week. I understand that they are
processing requests in batches, so I hope that I'll be in the next
batch, but no news so far. With a bit of luck though, we should be back
to normal any day now,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2011-03-17 10:58 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-03-17 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the content of the -nmw tree, so I've updated it and it
is now empty. As usual we are requested not to put any patches in it
until after -rc1 so I'll accumulate any fixes in the -fixes tree in the
mean time.

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2011-01-18 17:27 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2011-01-18 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Just a heads up on what is happening....

In the -fixes tree there are currently a couple of patches which I'm
intending to merge shortly.

The -nmw tree is currently empty, but there are two pending patches (one
is the RCU glock patch and the other is the update post-RCU path
walking) which I'll put in just as soon as the current merge window
closes.

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2010-02-02 21:33 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2010-02-02 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus has pulled the -fixes tree, so I've rebased the -nmw tree on his
latest tree,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2010-01-12  9:30 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2010-01-12  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus pulled the -fixes tree last night, so I'm just about to rebase
both GFS2 git trees to the new upstream kernel,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2009-04-27  8:42 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-04-27  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Linus pulled the -fixes tree on Friday, so that I've now rebased the
-nmw tree against Linus' tree. Fingers crossed this will be the last
time before the merge window, but we'll see....

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2009-04-07 15:21 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-04-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

After Linus' pull of the -nmw tree, I've now rebased that and also
started the -fixes tree. At the moment the content of the two is
identical, and it probably won't be too much longer before I submit the
-fixes tree upstream,

Steve.

* [Cluster-devel] GFS2 git trees
@ 2007-03-08  9:37 Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2007-03-08  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cluster-devel.redhat.com

Hi,

Since Linus pulled from my -fixes tree yesterday, I've rebased the -nmw
tree against the current upstream kernel,

Steve.