* I have used printk in some hypercall.But Dom0 can't be booted.
@ 2012-03-31 13:15 SuperWong
From: SuperWong @ 2012-03-31 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi all:
    I wanted to record some information about some hypercalls and trace the
hypercalls.So I have tried to add printk in the hypercall.But the Dom0 can't
be *booted*.For example, I add printk at the beginning of do_set_trap_table.
printk("<1>""HYPERCALL:do_set_trap_table");
Why I can't add printk in hypercall?
Does anyone know the reason and the solution?Thanks.

* Re: I have used printk in some hypercall.But Dom0 can't be booted.
@ 2012-04-02  9:00 ` George Dunlap
From: George Dunlap @ 2012-04-02  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SuperWong; +Cc: xen-devel

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM, SuperWong <wang_nets@163.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>    I wanted to record some information about some hypercalls and trace the
> hypercalls.So I have tried to add printk in the hypercall.But the Dom0 can't
> be *booted*.For example, I add printk at the beginning of do_set_trap_table.
> printk("<1>""HYPERCALL:do_set_trap_table");
> Why I can't add printk in hypercall?
> Does anyone know the reason and the solution?Thanks.

There's no way we can answer this question without the output of the
dom0 saying why it failed.

The best way to do this is to set up a serial console:
 http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console

 -George

* Re: I have used printk in some hypercall.But Dom0 can't be booted.
@ 2012-04-12 14:46   ` SuperWong
From: SuperWong @ 2012-04-12 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

George Dunlap-4 wrote

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM, SuperWong &lt;wang_nets@&gt; wrote:
>> Hi all:
>>    I wanted to record some information about some hypercalls and trace
>> the
>> hypercalls.So I have tried to add printk in the hypercall.But the Dom0
>> can't
>> be *booted*.For example, I add printk at the beginning of
>> do_set_trap_table.
>> printk("<1>""HYPERCALL:do_set_trap_table");
>> Why I can't add printk in hypercall?
>> Does anyone know the reason and the solution?Thanks.
>
> There's no way we can answer this question without the output of the
> dom0 saying why it failed.
>
> The best way to do this is to set up a serial console:
>  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console
>
>  -George

Thanks so much.I have set up a serial console.Then,I found there were full
of my printk output.It's likely that writing a printk in a hypercall isn't
feasible.I want to record which hypercall is issued when I input insmod.How
should I do it?