* L2cap bind - invalid argument
@ 2012-04-12 20:03 Franko Danielos
From: Franko Danielos @ 2012-04-12 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello

When I try to follow example from this site
http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x559.html
I have an error while trying to bind. Error message is invalid argument.
My question: is it related with newest bluetooth or kernel?

I use linux mint 12.
Linux Kernel version 3.0.0 (but the same applies to 3.2.x)
Bluez version: 4.96

I tested it also on earlier version of Linux Mint with kernel 2.6.32 and
bluez 4.66 and that example works.
Any ideas?

Thank you

* Re: L2cap bind - invalid argument
@ 2012-04-13  8:40 ` Johan Hedberg
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2012-04-13  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Franko Danielos; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Franko,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012, Franko Danielos wrote:
> When I try to follow example from this site
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x559.html
> I have an error while trying to bind. Error message is invalid argument.
> My question: is it related with newest bluetooth or kernel?
>
> I use linux mint 12.
> Linux Kernel version 3.0.0 (but the same applies to 3.2.x)
> Bluez version: 4.96
>
> I tested it also on earlier version of Linux Mint with kernel 2.6.32 and
> bluez 4.66 and that example works.
> Any ideas?

That would be because the PSM value in the example is not valid. Newer
kernels (post 2.6.32) check for this properly:

        /* PSM must be odd and lsb of upper byte must be 0 */
        if ((psm & 0x0101) != 0x0001) {
                err = -EINVAL;
                goto done;
        }

Johan

* Re: L2cap bind - invalid argument
@ 2012-04-13 12:07   ` Franko Danielos
From: Franko Danielos @ 2012-04-13 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Hedberg; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Johan,
Thank you for your response. Now I know that I should read more about
bluetooth technology.

Regards,
Danielos