* OMAPDSS basic concepts
@ 2012-04-24 16:53 Felix Lin
From: Felix Lin @ 2012-04-24 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

Hello All,

I'm pretty new to the OMAP DSS and would like to understand how it works under Linux/Android. I have read the TRM and understood that the DSS uses DMA to move pixels from the main memory to several hardware pipelines, with each burst of a few lines. But I am wondering -

1 - when will DSS start to move a new frame from the framebuffer to hardware pipelines? Is it triggered by some timer, or by some signals from the LCD panel (e.g., VSYNC)?
2 - is it possible to measure/estimate the time taken in DMAing a frame?

I also looked into the kernel doc and source code but found no answer. I appreciate any comments or pointers.

Thanks a lot!

-Felix

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-24 16:58 UTC | newest]