* About RPMs installation
@ 2012-05-21  7:12 Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-05-21  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi All,

can I have an help about rpms installation, once they were built by oc-core?
I produced both .tgz and rpms, I'm wondering how to install them (maybe
using chroot, but I'm newbe
about it).
Please, have you suggestions?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

* Re: About RPMs installation
@ 2012-05-21  7:28 ` Robert Yang
From: Robert Yang @ 2012-05-21  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

I'm not very clear about your questions, but the easiest way should be:

1) boot your image
2) copy your RPMs to the image via scp
3) rpm -Uvh /pat/to/rpm_file.rpm

// Robert

On 05/21/2012 03:12 PM, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> can I have an help about rpms installation, once they were built by oc-core?
> I produced both .tgz and rpms, I'm wondering how to install them (maybe
> using chroot, but I'm newbe
> about it).
> Please, have you suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Giuseppe

* Re: About RPMs installation
@ 2012-05-21  8:23 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2012-05-21  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 09:12 +0200, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> can I have an help about rpms installation, once they were built by
> oc-core?
> I produced both .tgz and rpms, I'm wondering how to install them
> (maybe using chroot, but I'm newbe
> about it).
> Please, have you suggestions?

They can either be pre-installed as a complete image using one of the
image targets (like core-image-minimal), or you can install them on your
target device manually.

Cheers,

Richard