* libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Resource temporarily unavailable
@ 2012-07-14 11:29 llarevo
From: llarevo @ 2012-07-14 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,

I'm not sure, if this is the right list, if I'm wrong here, a hint for a
appropriate place for my questions would be very appreciated.

I have a problem with an analog Terratec Cinergy 400 TV. When I try to
capture with ffmpeg,

ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 out.mpg

I get the error

libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Resource temporarily unavailable

I'm using Fedora F17.

The behavior seems to be pretty strange to me, because xawtv, mencoder,
mplayer and tvtime don't have a problem with the hardware at all, ffmpeg
has got this problem only with the hardware mentioned above, with a
Terratec Cinergy XS, ffmpeg captures without problems.

Why reports libv4l2 "Resource temporarily unavailable"? What are common
reasons for that message? What can be a reason that creates the message
only on specific hardware (Terratec Cinergy 400 TV)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Felix