* iptables devel
@ 2012-08-09 10:31 rahul shrivastava
From: rahul shrivastava @ 2012-08-09 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi,
kernel version: 2.6.35
iptables v1.4.9.1

my version of iptables has libxtables.so.5
from were i can get iptable-devel files for this version

Thanks in Advance.

* Re: iptables devel
@ 2012-08-09 10:37 ` Rob Sterenborg (lists)
       [not found]   ` <CAE1WnGexkPOSgwdWxfAWHw6fBNZ20iE1r2PzVLYG6WnK9xDVEg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Rob Sterenborg (lists) @ 2012-08-09 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rahul shrivastava; +Cc: netfilter

On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 16:01 +0530, rahul shrivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> kernel version: 2.6.35
> iptables v1.4.9.1
>
> my version of iptables has libxtables.so.5
> from were i can get iptable-devel files for this version

From your favourite Linux distro I guess?

If that's not an option (I wouldn't know why, but still), the iptables
source can be downloaded from ftp.netfilter.org.

--
Rob

* Re: iptables devel
       [not found]   ` <CAE1WnGexkPOSgwdWxfAWHw6fBNZ20iE1r2PzVLYG6WnK9xDVEg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-08-09 11:10     ` Rob Sterenborg (lists)
       [not found]       ` <CABNW7=8fQ3xnuSQKoP1gp3uxEv8kBHgscpPyYFdnTva1ifVsLQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Rob Sterenborg (lists) @ 2012-08-09 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rahul shrivastava; +Cc: anandkumarkm, netfilter

On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 16:27 +0530, rahul shrivastava wrote:

Please keep the discussion on the list and do not top-post.

> i am compiling xtable-addons1.45 and linking iptable-devel files for
> powerpc (iptables-dev_1.4.8-3_powerpc.deb) using LDFLAG
> Running iptables command says i dont have correct version of
> iptable-devel files , error is thrown by iptables as below
>
> [root@localhost ~]# iptables -A INPUT -m ipv4options -j ACCEPT
> iptables: match "ipv4options" has version "libxtables.so.4", but
> "libxtables.so.5" is required.
>
> where do i download correct version of dev files?

Like I said: from your favourite Linux distro. You don't mention which
one you're using, so I don't know.
Probably you can use the package manager from your distro to do that,
e.g. yum install iptables-devel (on RHEL/CentOS/etc compatibles).

> Or something wrong with the patch installation procedure?

Likely not. You just don't have the iptables devel package installed so
you're missing files that the compilation process needs.

But we know nothing about your system. If it's not possible to get the
devel package from your distro, you could first download iptables from
ftp.netfilter.org and compile and install that on your system. That way
you will also have the (iptables!) files needed for compilation of
xtables-addons.

--
Rob

> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Rob Sterenborg (lists)
> <lists@sterenborg.info> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 16:01 +0530, rahul shrivastava wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> kernel version: 2.6.35
> >> iptables v1.4.9.1
> >>
> >> my version of iptables has libxtables.so.5
> >> from were i can get iptable-devel files for this version
> >
> > From your favourite Linux distro I guess?
> >
> > If that's not an option (I wouldn't know why, but still), the iptables
> > source can be downloaded from ftp.netfilter.org.
> >

> > --
> > Rob

* Fwd: iptables devel
       [not found]       ` <CABNW7=8fQ3xnuSQKoP1gp3uxEv8kBHgscpPyYFdnTva1ifVsLQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-08-16 10:59         ` Anand kumar
From: Anand kumar @ 2012-08-16 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Rob Sterenborg (lists)
<lists@sterenborg.info> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 16:27 +0530, rahul shrivastava wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> Please keep the discussion on the list and do not top-post.
>
> > i am compiling xtable-addons1.45 and linking iptable-devel files for
> > powerpc (iptables-dev_1.4.8-3_powerpc.deb) using LDFLAG
> > Running iptables command says i dont have correct version of
> > iptable-devel files , error is thrown by iptables as below
> >
> > [root@localhost ~]# iptables -A INPUT -m ipv4options -j ACCEPT
> > iptables: match "ipv4options" has version "libxtables.so.4", but
> > "libxtables.so.5" is required.
> >
> > where do i download correct version of dev files?
>
> Like I said: from your favourite Linux distro. You don't mention which
> one you're using, so I don't know.
> Probably you can use the package manager from your distro to do that,
> e.g. yum install iptables-devel (on RHEL/CentOS/etc compatibles).
>
> > Or something wrong with the patch installation procedure?
>
> Likely not. You just don't have the iptables devel package installed so
> you're missing files that the compilation process needs.
>
> But we know nothing about your system. If it's not possible to get the
> devel package from your distro, you could first download iptables from
> ftp.netfilter.org and compile and install that on your system. That way
> you will also have the (iptables!) files needed for compilation of
> xtables-addons.

 We downloaded iptalbes from netfilter ftp, compiled and installed on our
 system. Now we are getting below error.

 [root@localhost ~]# iptables -A INPUT -m ipv4options -j ACCEPT

  Iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

any clues on this?

-- Anand

> --
> Rob
>

> > On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Rob Sterenborg (lists)
> > <lists@sterenborg.info> wrote:

> > > From your favourite Linux distro I guess?
> > >
> > > If that's not an option (I wouldn't know why, but still), the iptables
> > > source can be downloaded from ftp.netfilter.org.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Rob

* Re: Fwd: iptables devel
@ 2012-08-23 13:24           ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2012-08-23 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand kumar; +Cc: netfilter

On Thursday 2012-08-16 12:59, Anand kumar wrote:

> We downloaded iptalbes from netfilter ftp, compiled and installed on our
> system. Now we are getting below error.
>

> [root@localhost ~]# iptables -A INPUT -m ipv4options -j ACCEPT
>
>  Iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
>

>any clues on this?

The iptables tarball from netfilter.org nor the kernel from kernel.org
ship the "ipv4options" module(s).