* enabling suspend-to-ram for a headless powerpc g4 mac mini
@ 2012-09-26  9:27 Jon Dowland
From: Jon Dowland @ 2012-09-26  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hi folks,

I'm aware that suspend to ram is not enabled for g4 mac minis, due to
lack of support for waking up the video chipset¹.

I use a headless mac mini as a NAS device and so working video is not
important to me.  That prior thread on the topic gives me enough of a
clue to enable support but not to give up attempting to restore the
video.

Can anyone give me some hints/pointers on how to configure or hack the
kernel so that video is simply ignored?

Thank you very much for any help.

¹ https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2011-January/088159.html

* Re: enabling suspend-to-ram for a headless powerpc g4 mac mini
@ 2012-09-26 22:49 ` Benjamin Herrenschmidt
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt @ 2012-09-26 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Dowland; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 10:27 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Can anyone give me some hints/pointers on how to configure or hack the
> kernel so that video is simply ignored?

Look at arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/feature.c, fine the machine
table and add the flag to your entry: PMAC_MB_CAN_SLEEP

Makes sure you have no video driver loaded at all, nor AGP either.

Finally, it might not work ... hard to tell, there may be other things
needed.

Cheers,
Ben.