* prio_callout
@ 2012-11-13 17:02 Jason Butler
From: Jason Butler @ 2012-11-13 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dm-devel

All,

I have a specific need to use my own path priorities – now you have removed the prio_callout from Redhat 6.2 – are there any other ways I can do this?

Or do you have some instructions for defining custom path priorities?

Thanks,

Jason Butler
Senior Technical Consultant
Zycko Ltd

T: +44 (0) 1285 868 567
F: +44 (0) 1285 868 501
M: +44 (0) 7920 061 152
www.zycko.com

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Zycko Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify Zycko Limited on +44 1285 868500.
All emailed quotes are valid for 14 days, subject to availability, unless otherwise stated.  All emailed quotes are subject to Zycko's standard Terms and Conditions.

http://www.star.net.uk

* Re: prio_callout
@ 2012-11-13 21:15 ` Christophe Varoqui
From: Christophe Varoqui @ 2012-11-13 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: device-mapper development

On mar., 2012-11-13 at 17:02 +0000, Jason Butler wrote:
> All,
>

> I have a specific need to use my own path priorities – now you have
> removed the prio_callout from Redhat 6.2 – are there any other ways I
> can do this?
>

> Or do you have some instructions for defining custom path priorities?

You can point multipathd to a custom shared library.
To develop one, the easiest path is

- cloning the upsteam repo
- copy an existing prioritizer (ex. libmultipath/prioritizers/const.c)
- modify it to suit your needs
- add it to libmultipath/prioritizers/Makefile
- rebuild

Only the getprio function is called by multipathd, and its return code
is the weight of the path passed as argument. Not as easy as a script,
but close ... and you gain the memlocking of the shared lib at
multipathd startup.

You may also check if the weighedpath prioritizer implements what you
need.

Best regards,
christophe varoqui
http://www.opensvc.com