* Compile for ARM
@ 2013-02-08 20:36 Marlon Smith
From: Marlon Smith @ 2013-02-08 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with the Ralink supplied driver for my RT3070
USB dongle, so I'd like to try using your driver instead.  I downloaded
compat-wireless-2012-12-18 and I would like to compile it for ARM.
Running ./scripts/driver-select rt2x00 complains about i686 stuff (which
it should), and I figure I need to set some configuration option to
compile for ARM instead.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks

Marlon

* Re: Compile for ARM
@ 2013-02-11 22:40 ` Julian Calaby
From: Julian Calaby @ 2013-02-11 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marlon Smith; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hi Marlon,

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Marlon Smith <marlon.smith10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm having some problems with the Ralink supplied driver for my RT3070
> USB dongle, so I'd like to try using your driver instead.  I downloaded
> compat-wireless-2012-12-18 and I would like to compile it for ARM.
> Running ./scripts/driver-select rt2x00 complains about i686 stuff (which
> it should), and I figure I need to set some configuration option to
> compile for ARM instead.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

You'll need, at the very least, the source of the kernel on the
device, and to cross compile it for the specific ARM variant that your
board has.

I'm not sure what specifically you have to do to do this with compat
wireless, but for kernel compiles, it's a matter of saying something
along the line of:

make ARCH=xxxxxx CROSS_COMPILE=arm-compiler-prefix

Julian Calaby

Email: julian.calaby@gmail.com
Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/julian.calaby/
.Plan: http://sites.google.com/site/juliancalaby/

* Re: Compile for ARM
@ 2013-02-11 22:52   ` Marlon Smith
From: Marlon Smith @ 2013-02-11 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Calaby; +Cc: linux-wireless

Thanks for the replies guys.  After some investigating, the problem may
lie somewhere other than the wireless driver.  I'm going to pursue that
avenue for now, but if I hit a dead end I will come back to this.

Thanks again for the help.

Marlon

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 09:40 +1100, Julian Calaby wrote:
> Hi Marlon,
>
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Marlon Smith <marlon.smith10@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm having some problems with the Ralink supplied driver for my RT3070
> > USB dongle, so I'd like to try using your driver instead.  I downloaded
> > compat-wireless-2012-12-18 and I would like to compile it for ARM.
> > Running ./scripts/driver-select rt2x00 complains about i686 stuff (which
> > it should), and I figure I need to set some configuration option to
> > compile for ARM instead.
> >
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?
>
> You'll need, at the very least, the source of the kernel on the
> device, and to cross compile it for the specific ARM variant that your
> board has.
>
> I'm not sure what specifically you have to do to do this with compat
> wireless, but for kernel compiles, it's a matter of saying something
> along the line of:
>
> make ARCH=xxxxxx CROSS_COMPILE=arm-compiler-prefix
>
> Thanks,

* Re: Compile for ARM
@ 2013-02-11 13:01 Xose Vazquez Perez
From: Xose Vazquez Perez @ 2013-02-11 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)