* Re: Blog regarding i915 changes in kernel 3.9
       [not found] <1361255362.3121.49.camel@franky.firstyear.id.au>
@ 2013-02-19 10:35 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2013-02-19 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Brown; +Cc: intel-gfx

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM, William Brown <william@firstyear.id.au> wrote:
> I recently read your blog article at :
> http://blog.ffwll.ch/2013/02/neat-drmi915-stuff-for-39.html
>
> If you don't mind I have two questions regarding these changes.
>
> Do any of these fixes correct the black screen on dual gpu laptops when
> switching to the i915?

There are billions of ways you can end up with a black screen, so can't tell.

> Do these changes affect the issue where on a dual gpu laptop both the
> i915 and discrete gpu are powered on at boot?
>
> If these issues are new to you, Would you mind sending me some hints on
> how to track them down and potentially correct them?

Please file a bug report against DRI -> DRM(Intel) on
bugs.freedesktop.org with a clear description of how things fail and
all the usual details about your hw.

Also, please _always_ cc and appropriate mailing list when poking your
maintainer, he might be lazy, busy, drunken or on vacation ;-)

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

* Re: Blog regarding i915 changes in kernel 3.9
@ 2013-02-19 12:26   ` William Brown
From: William Brown @ 2013-02-19 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter; +Cc: intel-gfx