* gitk says "file name too long"
@ 2010-02-25 13:44 Sebastian Schuberth
From: Sebastian Schuberth @ 2010-02-25 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I'm having the same problem in msysGit as already described here in the
msysGit issue tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/issues/detail?id=387

The problem seems to be that for some reason gitk is launching "git
rev-list" (in $cmd) with a ton of IDs (in $ids), resulting in a command
line that is too long. So the error message does not come from gitk /
tk, but from git rev-list. I'm getting the same error (argument list too
long) if I manually enter the command at the shell.

Is anyone else experiencing this and has a solution? Is the problem
rather that the list of IDs is wrong (and thus too long), or do we need
to find a work-around to pass auch long command lines to git rev-list?

Thanks.

--
Sebastian Schuberth

* Re: gitk says "file name too long"
@ 2013-03-21  6:39 ` steven Loker
From: steven Loker @ 2013-03-21  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Use LongPathTool. If u had problem with files i suggest this software.

http://LongPathTool.com