* KVM call agenda for 2013-03-26
@ 2013-03-25 13:17 ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-03-25 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.

Later, Juan.

* [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-03-26
@ 2013-03-25 13:17 ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-03-25 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.

Later, Juan.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-03-26
@ 2013-03-26  1:13   ` Rob Landley
From: Rob Landley @ 2013-03-26  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/25/2013 08:17:44 AM, Juan Quintela wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.
>
> Later, Juan.

If Google summer of code is still open:

   http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013

Last I checked, the older targets haven't had a lot of love. QEMU still
doesn't have qemu-system-alpha, qemu-system-m68k doesn't quite support
a proper m68k mmu and the half-finished macintosh q800 board is still
out of tree, the sparc32 openfirmware dies if you feed it more than a
tiny kernel command line via -append, the sh4 board only supports 64
megs which isn't enough to build anything interesting natively.

If anybody wanted to add Qualcomm hexagon support, I might be able to
rustle up a hexagon kernel-side guy to play with it. (There are a
couple of people porting hexagon to the bare metal using some hacked HP
devices who would probably love a more portable test platform. They
could provide test binaries, toolchain setup help, and could tell you
all sorts of stuff about the kernel.)

It would be really nice if I could point vanilla qemu at a device tree
and have it fake up a board providing the resoruces and devices in
question. (Here's some memory, give me a 16550a here, stick a PCI
controller here, attach these devices to it.)

It would be really nice if virtio worked in a target-agnostic way so I
could use virtio devices the same way on all targets. It would be
really nice if virtio serial worked the way any _other_ serial device
worked so -nographic could route /dev/console through stdin and stdout
of qemu when using a virtio serial console.

All of these issues are from my 2010 todo list. If any of them have
been resolved since, I'd love to hear about it and sorry for the noise.
I've been busy with other things. Fixing the versatilepb in the 3.8
kernel, for example:

   http://landley.net/notes-2013.html#15-03-2013
   http://landley.net/notes-2013.html#16-03-2013
   http://landley.net/hg/aboriginal/rev/96fb8598a446

Rob

From: Rob Landley @ 2013-03-26  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2013-03-26  9:21     ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2013-03-26  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 08:13:34PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 03/25/2013 08:17:44 AM, Juan Quintela wrote:
> >
> >Hi
> >
> >Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.
> >
> >Later, Juan.
>
> If Google summer of code is still open:
>
>   http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013

Project ideas can still be added to the wiki.  They must have a mentor
who is able to commit around 5 hours per week this summer.

I'm not sure about the status of the todo list items you mentioned,
hopefully others can help.

Stefan

From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2013-03-26  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 08:13:34PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 03/25/2013 08:17:44 AM, Juan Quintela wrote:
> >
> >Hi
> >
> >Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.
> >
> >Later, Juan.
>
> If Google summer of code is still open:
>
>   http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013

Project ideas can still be added to the wiki.  They must have a mentor
who is able to commit around 5 hours per week this summer.

I'm not sure about the status of the todo list items you mentioned,
hopefully others can help.

Stefan

* Re: KVM call agenda for 2013-03-26
@ 2013-03-26 14:06   ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-03-26 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.

Hi

sorry for the last notice.  I thought we were going to discuss Rob
projects on the call, but it appears that we are discussing it on the
list.

So, .... call is cancelled.

Happy hacking.

From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-03-26 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)