* 2013 Linux Plumbers ACPI/PM, PCI Microconference proposal call for participaton
@ 2013-04-18 21:52 ` Myron Stowe
From: Myron Stowe @ 2013-04-18 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci, linux-acpi, linux-arm-kernel, iommu, virtualization,
	kvm, LKML

All:

We would like to hold a combined ACPI/PM, PCI focused microconference
as part of this year's Linux Plumbers conference but first we need to
show that there is enough interest and material that needs covered.

There is a lot of activity in these subsystems so please respond by
submitting presentation or discussion proposals that you would be
willing to cover for consideration (respond to this mail on the
linux-pci list for tracking purposes please).  You should also feel
free to submit ideas as proposals that others could cover.  This is
the "Plumbers" conference so topics concerning userspace interaction
with the kernel and not just topics concerning pure kernel subsystem
internals would be greatly welcomed.

The initial call[1] only produced two responses.  We understand that
everyone is busy but without proposals the program committee will not
be able to select this topic for approval - so please step up.

If approved by the program committee, we will give precedence to
proposals that bring up current issues that need attention, help, or
resolution.  We would like for the majority of the microconference to
be "working session discussions" in which a current issues in/with the
ACPI/PM and PCI subsystem space that needs solving are introduced and
then opened up for live discussion by attendees - much like what took
place last year during the Kernel Summit's PCI miniconf.

As a possible aid towards promoting topics for submissions we have
listed a few candidates that seem to meet the criteria in the
microconference proposals wiki located at
http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2013:pci_subsystem

Please feel free to forward this invitation on to any others, or
relevant lists, that seem appropriate.

Thanks,
  Len, Bjorn, Myron, Rafael

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/3/7/315

From: Myron Stowe @ 2013-04-18 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

[...]

* Re: 2013 Linux Plumbers ACPI/PM, PCI Microconference proposal call for participaton
  (?)
@ 2013-04-22 20:24 ` Alex Williamson
From: Alex Williamson @ 2013-04-22 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Myron Stowe; +Cc: linux-pci

On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 15:52 -0600, Myron Stowe wrote:
> All:
>
> We would like to hold a combined ACPI/PM, PCI focused microconference
> as part of this year's Linux Plumbers conference but first we need to
> show that there is enough interest and material that needs covered.
>
> There is a lot of activity in these subsystems so please respond by
> submitting presentation or discussion proposals that you would be
> willing to cover for consideration (respond to this mail on the
> linux-pci list for tracking purposes please).  You should also feel
> free to submit ideas as proposals that others could cover.  This is
> the "Plumbers" conference so topics concerning userspace interaction
> with the kernel and not just topics concerning pure kernel subsystem
> internals would be greatly welcomed.

A few PCI discussion topics:

PCI secondary bus resets - How to avoid surprise hotplugs and/or how to
re-architect the device reset interface.

pci_is_pcie() - Not just for PCIe capabilities?  How to handle
non-compliant PCIe devices that don't expose a capability.

I/O port pci-sysfs resource files - Fix or remove?

Thanks,
Alex

From: Myron Stowe @ 2013-04-18 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci, linux-acpi, linux-arm-kernel, iommu, virtualization,

@ 2013-04-18 21:43 Myron Stowe
From: Myron Stowe @ 2013-04-18 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci, linux-acpi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	linux-arm-kernel-IAPFreCvJWM7uuMidbF8XUB+6BGkLq7r,
	iommu-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA,
	virtualization-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA,
	kvm-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, LKML

From: Myron Stowe @ 2013-04-18 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pci, linux-acpi, linux-arm-kernel, iommu, virtualization,
	kvm, LKML