* Create btrfs subvolume during image building
@ 2013-07-02 12:04 Yevhen Kyriukha
From: Yevhen Kyriukha @ 2013-07-02 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi!

I'd like to create image with btrfs rootfs partition.
I want to store all files on separate subvolume on btrfs partition.
For this purpose I'm creating *.bbclass that simply extends IMAGE_CMD.

The problem is that to create btrfs subvolume I need to mount it first, but
only root can execute "mount".

Are there any ways to accomplish this?

Best regards,
Yevhen

* Re: Create btrfs subvolume during image building
@ 2013-07-02 12:19 ` Sander van Grieken
From: Sander van Grieken @ 2013-07-02 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yevhen Kyriukha; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 14:04 CEST, Yevhen Kyriukha <kirgene@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'd like to create image with btrfs rootfs partition.
> I want to store all files on separate subvolume on btrfs partition.
> For this purpose I'm creating *.bbclass that simply extends IMAGE_CMD.
>
> The problem is that to create btrfs subvolume I need to mount it first, but
> only root can execute "mount".
>
> Are there any ways to accomplish this?
>
> Best regards,
> Yevhen

You can mark /dev/loop0 in /etc/fstab as user mountable, and use that in your IMAGE_CMD

Regards,
Sander

* Re: Create btrfs subvolume during image building
@ 2013-07-02 13:29 ` Colin Walters
From: Colin Walters @ 2013-07-02 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yevhen Kyriukha; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Tue, 2013-07-02 at 15:04 +0300, Yevhen Kyriukha wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I'd like to create image with btrfs rootfs partition.
> I want to store all files on separate subvolume on btrfs partition.
> For this purpose I'm creating *.bbclass that simply extends IMAGE_CMD.
>

> The problem is that to create btrfs subvolume I need to mount it
> first, but only root can execute "mount".

Another option is libguestfs; recent versions support btrfs.