From: Matt Benjamin <mbenjamin@redhat.com>
To: Sage Weil <sweil@redhat.com>
Cc: Allen Samuels <Allen.Samuels@sandisk.com>,
	ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org, cbodley@redhat.com
Subject: Re: inline vector container
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:57:20 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

Hi,

I think we should go with small_vector for this role, yes.  I found two issues.  First, there are critical defects in small_vector prior to boost 1.6.0.  Second, though it is header-only, the coupling with related version-specific boost types (container, allocator, respective detail types, and platform-specific selectors...) seems to make pulling it in separately pretty unrealistic as an option.  I looked at the cost of pulling in and selectively compiling (libs) an entire boost 1.6, and that went a lot easier (added less than a minute to my build time).

Matt