* [Qemu-devel] multiple chip simulation
@ 2014-01-14  9:20 Herbei Dacian
From: Herbei Dacian @ 2014-01-14  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I would like to implement a hardware that is able to keep track of memory accesses as the code gets executed.
I'm not interested in the speed of execution this can be as slow as it can get but I have to be able to read from where each instruction in the memory is loaded how many bytes, if it reads what is the address and how many bytes and if it writes the address or register and how many bytes.
Is this possible to implement in qemu?
best regards,
dacian

* Re: [Qemu-devel] multiple chip simulation
@ 2014-01-14  9:37 ` Antony Pavlov
From: Antony Pavlov @ 2014-01-14  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbei Dacian; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:20:04 +0000 (GMT)
Herbei Dacian <dacian_herbei@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to implement a hardware that is able to keep track of memory accesses as the code gets executed.
> I'm not interested in the speed of execution this can be as slow as it can get but I have to be able to read from where each instruction in the memory is loaded how many bytes, if it reads what is the address and how many bytes and if it writes the address or register and how many bytes.
> Is this possible to implement in qemu?

See this very experimental work:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-01/msg00923.html

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov

* Re: [Qemu-devel] multiple chip simulation
@ 2014-01-14 10:56   ` Herbei Dacian
From: Herbei Dacian @ 2014-01-14 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antony Pavlov; +Cc: qemu-devel

thank you Antony!
dacian

@ 2014-01-14 13:42     ` Lluís Vilanova
From: Lluís Vilanova @ 2014-01-14 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbei Dacian; +Cc: qemu-devel

Herbei Dacian <dacian_herbei@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to implement a hardware that is able to keep track of memory
> accesses as the code gets executed.
> I'm not interested in the speed of execution this can be as slow as it can get
> but I have to be able to read from where each instruction in the memory is
> loaded how many bytes, if it reads what is the address and how many bytes and if
> it writes the address or register and how many bytes.
> Is this possible to implement in qemu?

I suppose this could work for you:

  https://projects.gso.ac.upc.edu/projects/qemu-dbi/wiki

Lluis

 Tollbooth

* Re: [Qemu-devel] multiple chip simulation
@ 2014-01-14 14:34       ` Herbei Dacian
From: Herbei Dacian @ 2014-01-14 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lluís Vilanova; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hi Lluis,
thank you.
Do you know in what state is. compilable, running, testing?
best wishes,
dacian

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014, 14:42, Lluís Vilanova <vilanova@ac.upc.edu> wrote:

Herbei Dacian <dacian_herbei@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to implement a hardware that is able to keep track of memory
> accesses as the code gets executed.
> I'm not interested in the speed of execution this can be as slow as it can get
> but I have to be able to read from where each instruction in the memory is
> loaded how many bytes, if it reads what is the address and how many bytes and if
> it writes the address or register and how many bytes.
> Is this possible to implement in qemu?

I suppose this could work for you:

  https://projects.gso.ac.upc.edu/projects/qemu-dbi/wiki

Lluis