* Question about EHCI on P4080
@ 2014-02-20  5:55 Ruchika
From: Ruchika @ 2014-02-20  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hi,
I've been trying to understand why the uboot code is unable to work with
USB1.1 devices.
On a USB analyzer:
I notice on an analyzer that there are no SOF or IN tokens seen on the
bus at all. The only  after the very first setup packet is sent and ACK'd.

The board has a hub chip on it connected to the USB controller via a
Ulpi interface.

Uboot debug indicates that the transfer times out and was still "Active"

The kernel code indicates that a companion driver handles 1.1 devices.
Does this mean there are 2 HCD's, one for HS and one for FS/LS in the
kernel ?
Thank you

ruchika

* Re: Question about EHCI on P4080
@ 2014-02-20 18:56 ` Ruchika
From: Ruchika @ 2014-02-20 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

linuxppc,
Is there another mailing list which is more appropriate ?
If so I'd be happy to get a recommendation.

Thank you
Regards
ruchika

@ 2014-02-21 21:08   ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2014-02-21 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruchika; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 12:56 -0600, Ruchika wrote:
> linuxppc,
> Is there another mailing list which is more appropriate ?
> If so I'd be happy to get a recommendation.

If you're asking about U-Boot support, the list is u-boot@lists.denx.de

Be sure to mention what version of U-Boot you're using, and that you're
using a recent U-Boot.  Also, don't top post or post the same thing
twice.

If you're using U-Boot from the Freescale SDK rather than from upstream,
then instead get support from support@freescale.com or
https://community.freescale.com/  It might be a good idea to go that
route regardless, given that this sounds like it may be a hardware
compatibility issue.

I don't think there is a separate host controller or driver for USB 1.1
(or lower speed USB 2.0) devices on p4080 (though this is common on
PCs).

-Scott