* [GIT PULL] UBIFS changes for 3.16
@ 2014-06-09  9:53 Artem Bityutskiy
From: Artem Bityutskiy @ 2014-06-09  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-mtd, linux-kernel

Hi Linus,

the following changes since commit d6d211db37e75de2ddc3a4f979038c40df7cc79c:

  Linux 3.15-rc5 (2014-05-09 13:10:52 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubifs.git tags/upstream-3.16-rc1

for you to fetch changes up to 380347e9ca76828ee9bac63cfc338ca99cdee4f3:

  UBIFS: Add an assertion for clean_zn_cnt (2014-06-03 11:16:51 +0300)

condition between the mmap page fault path and fsync. The other
just removes a bogus assertion from the UBIFS memory shrinker.

UBIFS also started honoring the MS_SILENT mount flag, so now it won't print
many I/O errors when user-space just tries to probe for the FS.

Rest of the changes are rather minor UBI/UBIFS fixes, improvements, and
clean-ups.

Artem Bityutskiy (1):
      UBIFS: fix debugging check

Daniel Golle (2):
      UBIFS: add missing ui pointer in debugging code
      UBIFS: respect MS_SILENT mount flag

Ezequiel Garcia (1):
      UBI: weaken the 'exclusive' constraint when opening volumes to rename

Helmut Schaa (1):
      UBI: block: Fix error path on alloc_workqueue failure

Mike Snitzer (1):
      UBI: fix rb_tree node comparison in add_map

hujianyang (5):
      UBIFS: fix an mmap and fsync race condition
      UBIFS: Remove unused variables in ubifs_budget_space
      UBIFS: Fix dump messages in ubifs_dump_lprops
      UBIFS: Remove incorrect assertion in shrink_tnc()
      UBIFS: Add an assertion for clean_zn_cnt

 drivers/mtd/ubi/block.c   |  4 +++-
 drivers/mtd/ubi/cdev.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/mtd/ubi/fastmap.c |  4 ++--
 fs/ubifs/budget.c         |  1 -
 fs/ubifs/debug.c          |  4 +++-
 fs/ubifs/file.c           |  6 +++---
 fs/ubifs/io.c             | 18 ++++++++++--------
 fs/ubifs/shrinker.c       |  1 -
 fs/ubifs/super.c          |  5 +++++
 fs/ubifs/tnc.c            |  5 +++--
 fs/ubifs/ubifs.h          | 11 +++++++++++

Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy

* Re: [GIT PULL] UBIFS changes for 3.16
@ 2014-06-09 16:53 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2014-06-09 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Artem Bityutskiy; +Cc: linux-mtd, linux-kernel

Mind re-sending the explanations in their full form?

They seem to have gotten cut off, probably because some bad
cut-and-paste that missed a line or two. And the cut-and-paste error
happened when you wrote the tag signature, so the missing parts aren't
in the signed tag either, it has the same problem.

See how the description starts in the middle with "condition between
..", and then goes on to talk about "The other", when it hasn't really
said "the first" or whatever the missing part was supposed to say..

             Linus

@ 2014-06-10  6:55   ` Artem Bityutskiy
From: Artem Bityutskiy @ 2014-06-10  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-mtd, linux-kernel

On Mon, 2014-06-09 at 09:53 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Mind re-sending the explanations in their full form?

Hi Linus, I've created a new tag and now re-sending the pull request.
Thanks for pointing to the copy-paste problem.

The following changes since commit d6d211db37e75de2ddc3a4f979038c40df7cc79c:

  Linux 3.15-rc5 (2014-05-09 13:10:52 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubifs.git tags/upstream-3.16-rc1-v2

for you to fetch changes up to 380347e9ca76828ee9bac63cfc338ca99cdee4f3:

  UBIFS: Add an assertion for clean_zn_cnt (2014-06-03 11:16:51 +0300)

This pull request contains several UBIFS fixes. One of them fixes a race
condition between the mmap page fault path and fsync. Another just removes a