* Trolling Issues
@ 2014-08-05 18:11 Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-08-05 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I want to apologize to all the other maintainers who's time I wasted.
I am going to check all my work through
the kernel newbies list before I sent it out in order to stop wasting
the maintainers time as that way I can
learn well and not waste people's time who are working hard to may
linux as good as it can be.
Cheers Nick

* Re: Trolling Issues
@ 2014-08-05 20:30 ` Nick Krause
From: Nick Krause @ 2014-08-05 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Nick Krause <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to apologize to all the other maintainers who's time I wasted.
> I am going to check all my work through
> the kernel newbies list before I sent it out in order to stop wasting
> the maintainers time as that way I can
> learn well and not waste people's time who are working hard to may
> linux as good as it can be.
> Cheers Nick
I understand if you don't want to give me a second change , but if you want to
help me learn, I would love to be cced into anything I can learn from. In
terms of subsystems support I would like to help out in a few. My list is
below.
1. Usb
2. Networking
3. Btrfs file system
4. Scheduler
5. Drivers for Intel Graphics as they need to be improved a lot

* Re: Trolling Issues
@ 2014-08-06  8:13   ` Oliver Neukum
From: Oliver Neukum @ 2014-08-06  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Krause; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, 2014-08-05 at 16:30 -0400, Nick Krause wrote:

> I understand if you don't want to give me a second change , but if you want to
> help me learn, I would love to be cced into anything I can learn from. In
> terms of subsystems support I would like to help out in a few. My list is
> below.
> 1. Usb

I suggest you start reading the usb skeleton driver and ask yourself
not just what it does, but why a particular method was implemented
in that particular way. You are likely to have questions. Then come back
and ask.

	Regards
		Oliver