* [Xenomai] (no subject)
@ 2015-08-19 11:58 ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫
From: ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫ @ 2015-08-19 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

i followed  documentation to  get xenomai up and running on a udoo board
but when i run the latency test i get this error message : Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabledwhen i check  Troubleshooting guide i found that i should have /proc/xenomai/version but in my udooubuntu the folder proc is empty
please i need your help to fix this problem and how i can check that xenomai is running on my board
Regards , Mohamed Fawzy

* Re: [Xenomai] enabling Xenomai 2.x on udoo
@ 2015-08-19 16:32 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2015-08-19 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫, xenomai

On 08/19/2015 01:58 PM, ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫ wrote:
> i followed  documentation to  get xenomai up and running on a udoo board
> but when i run the latency test i get this error message : Xenomai: native skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabledwhen i check  Troubleshooting guide i found that i should have /proc/xenomai/version but in my udooubuntu the folder proc is empty
> please i need your help to fix this problem and how i can check that xenomai is running on my board

You already did, it does not. The help text you mention also recommends
to check for errors in your kernel log. Did you do that?

This URL provides hints about the best way to get useful answers to
questions:
http://xenomai.org/start-here/#If_something_goes_wrong

PS: please make sure to provide a valid subject line, a blank one does
not help for threading.

--
Philippe.

* Re: [Xenomai] (no subject)
@ 2015-08-21  9:18 ` Nicolas SCHURANDO
From: Nicolas SCHURANDO @ 2015-08-21  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m.fawzy307; +Cc: xenomai

Hi Mohamed,

What version of xenomai are you using ? I am going to assume 2.6.x. I
haven't worked with 3.x yet, and its architecture being different, I don't
think the following instructions would apply for it.

Installation of xenomai as explained at
http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-head/pdf/README.INSTALL.pdf is
achieved through these steps :

   1. If you are using a non-vanilla kernel, you should check for a
   possible pre-patch specific for your kernel.

   2. Prepare your kernel by using the prepare-kernel.sh script.

   3. Again, if you are using a non-vanilla kernel, check for a possible
   post-patch to apply.

   4. Configure your kernel as you would normally do, through "make
   menuconfig" for example, and ensure the chosen configuration complies with
   xenomai requirements; see chapter "Kernel configuration" of
   http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-head/pdf/TROUBLESHOOTING.pdf

   5. Build your kernel, its modules, and deploy them on your target. At
   this point, you should see a few lines during early boot process if you
   type "dmesg | grep -i xenomai".

   6. Finally, build the user-space binaries of xenomai, and deploy them on
   your target.

Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the
"/proc/xenomai/version" pseudo-file is provided by the kernel, not by the
user-space binaries. So, if it is missing on your board, it means something
went wrong somewhere between steps 1 and 5.

Have you cross-compiled for the correct arch ? Providing us with the
content of your dmesg would be a starting point.

Regards,

Nicolas Schurando

> i followed  documentation to  get xenomai up and running on a udoo board
> but when i run the latency test i get this error message : Xenomai: native
> skin or CONFIG_XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabledwhen i check  Troubleshooting
> guide i found that i should have /proc/xenomai/version but in my udooubuntu
> the folder proc is empty
> please i need your help to fix this problem and how i can check that
> xenomai is running on my board
> Regards , Mohamed Fawzy

Avant d'imprimer ce document, pensez à l'environnement !

Always think green before printing !

Ce courriel et toutes ses pièces jointes sont confidentiels et destinés
exclusivement à l'usage de la personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si
vous n 'êtes pas le destinataire, nous vous informons que toute
utilisation, modification, diffusion, édition ou reproduction (totale ou
partielle) de ce courriel et/ou de ses pièces jointes, ou des informations
qu'ils contiennent, sous quelque forme que ce soit, est strictement
interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, merci immédiatement
d'avertir l'expéditeur et de le supprimer avec ses pièces jointes ainsi que
toute copie, de votre système informatique. Nous ne pouvons assurer la
sécurité des informations transmises par voie électronique. Nous déclinons
donc toute responsabilité dans l'hypothèse ou ce courriel et/ou ses pièces
jointes auraient été notamment modifiés, altérés et/ou en cas de
transmission d'un virus. Par conséquent, en communiquant avec nous vous
acceptez ces risques. Nous vous conseillons de vérifier l'absence de virus
dans ce courriel et ses pièces jointes.

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended for use by
the above named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any use, modification, dissemination, edition or
reproduction (either in whole or partially) of this e-mail and/or its
attachments, or of the information contained herein, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the
sender immediately, and immediately delete this e-mail with its attachments
and any copy of it from your computer system. We do not ensure the security
of electronically transmitted information. Therefore, we take no
responsibility in the event this email and/or its attachments may have been
for example modified, altered and/or in the case of transmission of a
virus. Your communication with us through such means shall signify your
acceptance of such risks. We kindly advise you to check whether this email
or its attachments are free of viruses.

* Re: [Xenomai] (no subject)
@ 2015-08-21  9:26   ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-08-21  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas SCHURANDO; +Cc: xenomai

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:18:47AM +0200, Nicolas SCHURANDO wrote:
> Hi Mohamed,
>
> What version of xenomai are you using ? I am going to assume 2.6.x. I
> haven't worked with 3.x yet, and its architecture being different, I don't
> think the following instructions would apply for it.
>
> Installation of xenomai as explained at
> http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-head/pdf/README.INSTALL.pdf is
> achieved through these steps :
>
>    1. If you are using a non-vanilla kernel, you should check for a
>    possible pre-patch specific for your kernel.
>
>    2. Prepare your kernel by using the prepare-kernel.sh script.
>
>    3. Again, if you are using a non-vanilla kernel, check for a possible
>    post-patch to apply.
>
>    4. Configure your kernel as you would normally do, through "make
>    menuconfig" for example, and ensure the chosen configuration complies with
>    xenomai requirements; see chapter "Kernel configuration" of
>    http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-head/pdf/TROUBLESHOOTING.pdf
>
>    5. Build your kernel, its modules, and deploy them on your target. At
>    this point, you should see a few lines during early boot process if you
>    type "dmesg | grep -i xenomai".
>
>    6. Finally, build the user-space binaries of xenomai, and deploy them on
>    your target.
>
> Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the
> "/proc/xenomai/version" pseudo-file is provided by the kernel, not by the
> user-space binaries. So, if it is missing on your board, it means something
> went wrong somewhere between steps 1 and 5.

The file is provided by the procfs pseudo-filesystem. If the /proc
directory is empty, chances are the /proc filesystem is not even mounted.

--
					    Gilles.
https://click-hack.org

* [Xenomai] بخصوص:  (no subject)
@ 2015-08-21 11:21   ` ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫
From: ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫ @ 2015-08-21 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas SCHURANDO; +Cc: xenomai

Hi nicolas
 thanks for your reply
it's very appreciated
  i used xenomai 2.6.4 and kernel 3.0.43  and patch adeos-ipipe-3.0.43-mx6q-1.18-14.patch
is it the right patch ? and how i can check what is the possible patch ?

proc folder isn't empty but doesn't contain xenomai folder

thanks again and i hope you reply and help me
Regards       من: Nicolas SCHURANDO <schurann@ext.essilor.com>
 إلى: m.fawzy307@yahoo.com
نسخة كربونية: "xenomai@xenomai.org" <xenomai@xenomai.org>
 تاريخ الإرسال: الجمعة 21 أغسطس، 2015‏ 11:18 ص
 الموضوع: Re: [Xenomai] (no subject)

@ 2015-08-23  8:05     ` ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫
From: ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫ @ 2015-08-23  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas SCHURANDO; +Cc: xenomai

Hi nicolas
i really need the answer as soon as possible
thanks for your help
      من: ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫ <m.fawzy307@yahoo.com>
 إلى: Nicolas SCHURANDO <schurann@ext.essilor.com>
نسخة كربونية: "xenomai@xenomai.org" <xenomai@xenomai.org>
 تاريخ الإرسال: الجمعة 21 أغسطس، 2015‏ 1:21 م
 الموضوع: بخصوص: [Xenomai] (no subject)

[...]

* Re: [Xenomai] بخصوص: (no subject)
@ 2015-08-23 13:30     ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-08-23 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫; +Cc: xenomai

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:21:35AM +0000, ‫Mohamed Fawzy‬ ‫ wrote:
> Hi nicolas
>  thanks for your reply
> it's very appreciated
>   i used xenomai 2.6.4 and kernel 3.0.43  and patch adeos-ipipe-3.0.43-mx6q-1.18-14.patch
> is it the right patch ? and how i can check what is the possible patch ?
>
> proc folder isn't empty but doesn't contain xenomai folder
>
> thanks again and i hope you reply and help me

These are wrong questions. The right question to ask is the one
Philippe asked.

--
					    Gilles.
https://click-hack.org