* Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system
@ 2014-10-23 12:01 Ploumistos Alexandros
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ploumistos Alexandros @ 2014-10-23 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello,

A while back I had installed Ubuntu on a friend's laptop -a Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M-
alongside windows Vista. Everything worked fine for a few years, until at some
point last year linux went mute, while in windows both the analog and the
digital outputs continued working. She couldn't remember doing something "out
of the ordinary", but she was sure it was not after an update. Several months
later, she upgraded to windows 7 but that didn't change anything. When I got my
hands on the laptop, I checked for muted controls and other usual suspects,
deprecated quirks (there were none) and all inputs and outputs of the system.
HDMI audio works fine and so does the internal mic. Speakers, headphones and
the external mic input do not work, even though pulse audio volume meter acts
as if there were actually sounds being played. I followed all of Ubuntu's
troubleshooting procedures, I removed and reinstalled alsa and pulse, I purged
all configuration files, I created a new user and I even installed the latest
alsa-packages from the "ALSA daily build snapshots" repository and nothing
worked. I also tried booting into windows, setting all volume levels to the max
and disabled power saving on all sound and multimedia devices. Next, I tried
retasking the jacks one by one to no avail.

I remembered that I had performed the installation with an Ubuntu 11.10 live CD,
so I booted the computer off of that, but this time I got no sound. I tried with
all the live CDs of a multitude of distros I had lying around, with kernels
ranging from 2.6.35 to 3.16.6 and none of them worked, so I figured the issue
must have something to do with windows. Is it possible that windows somehow
started locking the audio chip on shutdown? If that is the case, can it be
deduced from the logs and more importantly, can it be fixed?

I am attaching the output of alsa-info and lspci as well as kernel logs.

Thank you for your time.

* Re: Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system
@ 2014-10-23 12:04 ` Ploumistos Alexandros
From: Ploumistos Alexandros @ 2014-10-23 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

And here is the attachment...

> Hello,
>
> A while back I had installed Ubuntu on a friend's laptop -a Sony Vaio
> VGN-FW21M-
> alongside windows Vista. Everything worked fine for a few years, until at
> some
> point last year linux went mute, while in windows both the analog and the
> digital outputs continued working. She couldn't remember doing something "out
> of the ordinary", but she was sure it was not after an update. Several months
> later, she upgraded to windows 7 but that didn't change anything. When I got
> my
> hands on the laptop, I checked for muted controls and other usual suspects,
> deprecated quirks (there were none) and all inputs and outputs of the system.
> HDMI audio works fine and so does the internal mic. Speakers, headphones and
> the external mic input do not work, even though pulse audio volume meter acts
> as if there were actually sounds being played. I followed all of Ubuntu's
> troubleshooting procedures, I removed and reinstalled alsa and pulse, I
> purged
> all configuration files, I created a new user and I even installed the latest
> alsa-packages from the "ALSA daily build snapshots" repository and nothing
> worked. I also tried booting into windows, setting all volume levels to the
> max
> and disabled power saving on all sound and multimedia devices. Next, I tried
> retasking the jacks one by one to no avail.
>
> I remembered that I had performed the installation with an Ubuntu 11.10 live
> CD,
> so I booted the computer off of that, but this time I got no sound. I tried
> with
> all the live CDs of a multitude of distros I had lying around, with kernels
> ranging from 2.6.35 to 3.16.6 and none of them worked, so I figured the issue
> must have something to do with windows. Is it possible that windows somehow
> started locking the audio chip on shutdown? If that is the case, can it be
> deduced from the logs and more importantly, can it be fixed?
>
> I am attaching the output of alsa-info and lspci as well as kernel logs.
>
> Thank you for your time.

[-- Attachment #2: diag.tar.xz --]
[-- Type: application/x-xz, Size: 94036 bytes --]

* Re: Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system
@ 2014-10-23 16:18 ` Sudip Mukherjee
From: Sudip Mukherjee @ 2014-10-23 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ploumistos Alexandros; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 03:01:24PM +0300, Ploumistos Alexandros wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A while back I had installed Ubuntu on a friend's laptop -a Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M-
> alongside windows Vista. Everything worked fine for a few years, until at some
> point last year linux went mute, while in windows both the analog and the
> digital outputs continued working. She couldn't remember doing something "out
> of the ordinary", but she was sure it was not after an update. Several months
> later, she upgraded to windows 7 but that didn't change anything. When I got my
> hands on the laptop, I checked for muted controls and other usual suspects,
> deprecated quirks (there were none) and all inputs and outputs of the system.
> HDMI audio works fine and so does the internal mic. Speakers, headphones and
> the external mic input do not work, even though pulse audio volume meter acts
> as if there were actually sounds being played. I followed all of Ubuntu's
> troubleshooting procedures, I removed and reinstalled alsa and pulse, I purged
> all configuration files, I created a new user and I even installed the latest
> alsa-packages from the "ALSA daily build snapshots" repository and nothing
> worked. I also tried booting into windows, setting all volume levels to the max
> and disabled power saving on all sound and multimedia devices. Next, I tried
> retasking the jacks one by one to no avail.
>
> I remembered that I had performed the installation with an Ubuntu 11.10 live CD,
> so I booted the computer off of that, but this time I got no sound. I tried with
> all the live CDs of a multitude of distros I had lying around, with kernels
> ranging from 2.6.35 to 3.16.6 and none of them worked, so I figured the issue
> must have something to do with windows. Is it possible that windows somehow
> started locking the audio chip on shutdown? If that is the case, can it be
> deduced from the logs and more importantly, can it be fixed?
for my dayjob , i use a computer which is dualboot with windows and ubuntu , which is almost always having linux-next.
and audio works for both my os.

> I am attaching the output of alsa-info and lspci as well as kernel logs.
i think you forgot to attach the files.

thanks
sudip

@ 2014-10-23 16:38   ` Ploumistos Alexandros
From: Ploumistos Alexandros @ 2014-10-23 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sudip Mukherjee; +Cc: alsa-devel

Quoting Sudip Mukherjee <sudipm.mukherjee@gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 03:01:24PM +0300, Ploumistos Alexandros wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A while back I had installed Ubuntu on a friend's laptop -a Sony Vaio
> VGN-FW21M-
> > alongside windows Vista. Everything worked fine for a few years, until at
> some
> > point last year linux went mute, while in windows both the analog and the
> > digital outputs continued working. She couldn't remember doing something
> "out
> > of the ordinary", but she was sure it was not after an update. Several
> months
> > later, she upgraded to windows 7 but that didn't change anything. When I
> got my
> > hands on the laptop, I checked for muted controls and other usual suspects,
> > deprecated quirks (there were none) and all inputs and outputs of the
> system.
> > HDMI audio works fine and so does the internal mic. Speakers, headphones
> and
> > the external mic input do not work, even though pulse audio volume meter
> acts
> > as if there were actually sounds being played. I followed all of Ubuntu's
> > troubleshooting procedures, I removed and reinstalled alsa and pulse, I
> purged
> > all configuration files, I created a new user and I even installed the
> latest
> > alsa-packages from the "ALSA daily build snapshots" repository and nothing
> > worked. I also tried booting into windows, setting all volume levels to the
> max
> > and disabled power saving on all sound and multimedia devices. Next, I
> tried
> > retasking the jacks one by one to no avail.
> >
> > I remembered that I had performed the installation with an Ubuntu 11.10
> live CD,
> > so I booted the computer off of that, but this time I got no sound. I tried
> with
> > all the live CDs of a multitude of distros I had lying around, with kernels
> > ranging from 2.6.35 to 3.16.6 and none of them worked, so I figured the
> issue
> > must have something to do with windows. Is it possible that windows somehow
> > started locking the audio chip on shutdown? If that is the case, can it be
> > deduced from the logs and more importantly, can it be fixed?
> for my dayjob , i use a computer which is dualboot with windows and ubuntu ,
> which is almost always having linux-next.
> and audio works for both my os.
> >
> > I am attaching the output of alsa-info and lspci as well as kernel logs.
> i think you forgot to attach the files.
>
> thanks
> sudip
>

> > Thank you for your time.

Something went wrong with horde's IMP and my attachement was not actually
attached. I replied to my message, but it is awaiting moderation as it is about
95kB long.

* Re: Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system
@ 2014-10-24 16:19   ` Ploumistos Alexandros
From: Ploumistos Alexandros @ 2014-10-24 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ploumistos Alexandros; +Cc: alsa-devel

Quoting Ploumistos Alexandros <ch02499@cc.uoi.gr>:

> And here is the attachment...
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > A while back I had installed Ubuntu on a friend's laptop -a Sony Vaio
> > VGN-FW21M-
> > alongside windows Vista. Everything worked fine for a few years, until at
> > some
> > point last year linux went mute, while in windows both the analog and the
> > digital outputs continued working. She couldn't remember doing something
> "out
> > of the ordinary", but she was sure it was not after an update. Several
> months
> > later, she upgraded to windows 7 but that didn't change anything. When I
> got
> > my
> > hands on the laptop, I checked for muted controls and other usual suspects,
> > deprecated quirks (there were none) and all inputs and outputs of the
> system.
> > HDMI audio works fine and so does the internal mic. Speakers, headphones
> and
> > the external mic input do not work, even though pulse audio volume meter
> acts
> > as if there were actually sounds being played. I followed all of Ubuntu's
> > troubleshooting procedures, I removed and reinstalled alsa and pulse, I
> > purged
> > all configuration files, I created a new user and I even installed the
> latest
> > alsa-packages from the "ALSA daily build snapshots" repository and nothing
> > worked. I also tried booting into windows, setting all volume levels to the
> > max
> > and disabled power saving on all sound and multimedia devices. Next, I
> tried
> > retasking the jacks one by one to no avail.
> >
> > I remembered that I had performed the installation with an Ubuntu 11.10
> live
> > CD,
> > so I booted the computer off of that, but this time I got no sound. I tried
> > with
> > all the live CDs of a multitude of distros I had lying around, with kernels
> > ranging from 2.6.35 to 3.16.6 and none of them worked, so I figured the
> issue
> > must have something to do with windows. Is it possible that windows somehow
> > started locking the audio chip on shutdown? If that is the case, can it be
> > deduced from the logs and more importantly, can it be fixed?
> >
> > I am attaching the output of alsa-info and lspci as well as kernel logs.
> >
> > Thank you for your time.

I just noticed there might be a problem with the attached file after it got
scrubbed. The file inside the .xz archive should get a .tar.xz extension so it
may be opened. For anyone having trouble, I have uploaded the logs here:
http://fwh4qw6313.1fichier.com/

Sorry for the trouble

* Re: Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system
@ 2014-10-26 12:48 ` Ploumistos Alexandros
From: Ploumistos Alexandros @ 2014-10-26 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ploumistos Alexandros; +Cc: alsa-devel

I 'm sorry for spamming the list with this, but I noticed these errors, that I'm
pretty certain they didn't happen when I first installed linux on the machine.
Could they be relevant to the issue?

Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896065] ------------[ cut here ]------------
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896073] WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 37 at
/build/buildd/linux-3.13.0/arch/x86/kernel/check.c:140
check_for_bios_corruption+0x10f/0x120()
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896074] Memory corruption detected in low
memory
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896075] Modules linked in: cuse
snd_hda_codec_hdmi(OF) rfcomm bnep bluetooth binfmt_misc arc4 uvcvideo iwldvm
videobuf2_vmalloc mac80211 videobuf2_memops videobuf2_core videodev
snd_hda_codec_realtek(OF) snd_hda_codec_generic(OF) snd_hda_intel(OF)
snd_hda_controller(OF) snd_hda_codec(OF) snd_hwdep snd_pcm snd_page_alloc
snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event snd_rawmidi snd_seq kvm snd_seq_device
snd_timer iwlwifi radeon joydev serio_raw r592 memstick snd lpc_ich cfg80211
ttm drm_kms_helper mac_hid drm i2c_algo_bit soundcore sony_laptop parport_pc
video ppdev coretemp lp parport hid_generic usbhid hid sdhci_pci sdhci psmouse
firewire_ohci ahci firewire_core libahci crc_itu_t sky2
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896120] CPU: 1 PID: 37 Comm: kworker/1:1
Tainted: GF          O 3.13.0-35-generic #62-Ubuntu
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896122] Hardware name: Sony Corporation
VGN-FW21M/VAIO, BIOS R1100Y0 08/27/2009
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896125] Workqueue: events check_corruption
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896127]  0000000000000009 ffff880139683d30
ffffffff8171e320 ffff880139683d78
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896130]  ffff880139683d68 ffffffff8106775d
0000000000000000 ffff880000010000
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896133]  ffffffff81eb21f0 0000000000000001
ffff880000000000 ffff880139683dc8
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896135] Call Trace:
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896140]  [<ffffffff8171e320>]
dump_stack+0x45/0x56
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896144]  [<ffffffff8106775d>]
warn_slowpath_common+0x7d/0xa0
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896146]  [<ffffffff810677cc>]
warn_slowpath_fmt+0x4c/0x50
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896149]  [<ffffffff810524af>]
check_for_bios_corruption+0x10f/0x120
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896152]  [<ffffffff810524ce>]
check_corruption+0xe/0x40
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896155]  [<ffffffff810839d2>]
process_one_work+0x182/0x450
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896163]  [<ffffffff810847c1>]
worker_thread+0x121/0x410
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896166]  [<ffffffff810846a0>] ?
rescuer_thread+0x430/0x430
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896169]  [<ffffffff8108b4a2>]
kthread+0xd2/0xf0
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896171]  [<ffffffff8108b3d0>] ?
kthread_create_on_node+0x1c0/0x1c0
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896174]  [<ffffffff8172ecbc>]
ret_from_fork+0x7c/0xb0
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896176]  [<ffffffff8108b3d0>] ?
kthread_create_on_node+0x1c0/0x1c0
Oct 26 12:00:44 vaio kernel: [   60.896178] ---[ end trace 300adf7bd3d057f3 ]---

* Re: Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system
@ 2014-11-23 19:11   ` Ploumistos Alexandros
From: Ploumistos Alexandros @ 2014-11-23 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ploumistos Alexandros; +Cc: alsa-devel

I had a little time to spare and I decided to take another stab at this. I
noticed that the verbose lspci command was issued without superuser privileges,
so I asked my friend to send it again and I am attaching it. I compared all the
logs to those of other systems, though I don't have anything else with the
ALC262, but I can't say that anything stands out.

It's not really my problem (it's my friend's) but it is an annoying puzzle.
Could it be failing hardware? Could it be windows? I would really appreciate
the input from someone knowledgeable.

[-- Attachment #2: lspci_long --]

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0a <?>

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Graphics Port (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
	Memory behind bridge: c0000000-d00fffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d5300000-00000000d54fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Capabilities: [88] Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee0300c  Data: 4191
	Capabilities: [a0] Express (v1) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
			ExtTag- RBE+
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #2, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <4us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x16, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		SltCap:	AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surprise-
			Slot #1, PowerLimit 75.000W; Interlock- NoCompl+
		SltCtl:	Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
			Control: AttnInd Off, PwrInd On, Power- Interlock-
		SltSta:	Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
			Changed: MRL- PresDet+ LinkState-
		RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna- CRSVisible-
		RootCap: CRSVisible-
		RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		Status:	InProgress-
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=01
			Status:	NegoPending- InProgress-
	Capabilities: [140 v1] Root Complex Link
		Desc:	PortNumber=02 ComponentID=01 EltType=Config
		Link0:	Desc:	TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=01 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
			Addr:	00000000fed19000
	Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
	Region 4: I/O ports at e0e0 [size=32]
	Capabilities: [50] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd

00:1a.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 21
	Region 4: I/O ports at e0c0 [size=32]
	Capabilities: [50] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd

00:1a.2 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 19
	Region 4: I/O ports at e0a0 [size=32]
	Capabilities: [50] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd

00:1a.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
	Capabilities: [98] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee0300c  Data: 4172
	Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
			ExtTag- RBE-
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		Status:	InProgress-
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=ff
			Status:	NegoPending- InProgress-
		VC1:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable- ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=00
			Status:	NegoPending- InProgress-
	Capabilities: [130 v1] Root Complex Link
		Desc:	PortNumber=0f ComponentID=02 EltType=Config
		Link0:	Desc:	TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=02 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
			Addr:	00000000fed1c000
	Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000c000-0000cfff
	Memory behind bridge: d3d00000-d50fffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d5500000-00000000d56fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Capabilities: [40] Express (v1) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
			ExtTag- RBE+
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #1, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <1us, L1 <4us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk-
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		SltCap:	AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surprise+
			Slot #0, PowerLimit 6.500W; Interlock- NoCompl-
		SltCtl:	Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
			Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
		SltSta:	Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet- Interlock-
			Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-
		RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna- CRSVisible-
		RootCap: CRSVisible-
		RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee0300c  Data: 41b1
	Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		Status:	InProgress-
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=ff
			Status:	NegoPending- InProgress-
	Capabilities: [180 v1] Root Complex Link
		Desc:	PortNumber=01 ComponentID=02 EltType=Config
		Link0:	Desc:	TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=02 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
			Addr:	00000000fed1c000
	Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=04, subordinate=05, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
	Memory behind bridge: d2900000-d3cfffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d5700000-00000000d58fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Capabilities: [40] Express (v1) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
			ExtTag- RBE+
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #2, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <1us, L1 <4us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk-
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x0, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		SltCap:	AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surprise+
			Slot #1, PowerLimit 6.500W; Interlock- NoCompl-
		SltCtl:	Enable: AttnBtn+ PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet+ CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
			Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
		SltSta:	Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet- Interlock-
			Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-
		RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna- CRSVisible-
		RootCap: CRSVisible-
		RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee0300c  Data: 41c1
	Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		Status:	InProgress-
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=01
			Status:	NegoPending- InProgress-
	Capabilities: [180 v1] Root Complex Link
		Desc:	PortNumber=02 ComponentID=02 EltType=Config
		Link0:	Desc:	TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=02 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
			Addr:	00000000fed1c000
	Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=06, subordinate=07, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000afff
	Memory behind bridge: d1500000-d28fffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d5900000-00000000d5afffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Capabilities: [40] Express (v1) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
			ExtTag- RBE+
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #4, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <4us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		SltCap:	AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surprise+
			Slot #3, PowerLimit 6.500W; Interlock- NoCompl-
		SltCtl:	Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
			Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
		SltSta:	Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
			Changed: MRL- PresDet+ LinkState+
		RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna- CRSVisible-
		RootCap: CRSVisible-
		RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee0300c  Data: 41d1
	Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		Status:	InProgress-
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=01
			Status:	NegoPending- InProgress-
	Capabilities: [180 v1] Root Complex Link
		Desc:	PortNumber=04 ComponentID=02 EltType=Config
		Link0:	Desc:	TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=02 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
			Addr:	00000000fed1c000
	Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=08, subordinate=09, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 00009000-00009fff
	Memory behind bridge: d0100000-d14fffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d5b00000-00000000d5cfffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Capabilities: [40] Express (v1) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
			ExtTag- RBE+
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #5, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <4us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		SltCap:	AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surprise+
			Slot #4, PowerLimit 6.500W; Interlock- NoCompl-
		SltCtl:	Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
			Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
		SltSta:	Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
			Changed: MRL- PresDet+ LinkState+
		RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna- CRSVisible-
		RootCap: CRSVisible-
		RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee0300c  Data: 41e1
	Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
		Caps:	LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
		Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
		Ctrl:	ArbSelect=Fixed
		Status:	InProgress-
		VC0:	Caps:	PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
			Arb:	Fixed+ WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
			Ctrl:	Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=01
			Status:	NegoPending- InProgress-
	Capabilities: [180 v1] Root Complex Link
		Desc:	PortNumber=05 ComponentID=02 EltType=Config
		Link0:	Desc:	TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=02 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
			Addr:	00000000fed1c000
	Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 23
	Region 4: I/O ports at e080 [size=32]
	Capabilities: [50] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd

00:1d.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 19
	Region 4: I/O ports at e060 [size=32]
	Capabilities: [50] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd

00:1d.2 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 18
	Region 4: I/O ports at e040 [size=32]
	Capabilities: [50] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd

00:1d.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
	Capabilities: [98] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=0a, subordinate=0a, sec-latency=32
	Memory behind bridge: d5100000-d51fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
		PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
	Capabilities: [50] Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Latency: 0
	Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>
	Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801IBM/IEM (ICH9M/ICH9M-E) 4 port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 03) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 45
	Region 0: I/O ports at e130 [size=8]
	Region 1: I/O ports at e120 [size=4]
	Region 2: I/O ports at e110 [size=8]
	Region 3: I/O ports at e100 [size=4]
	Region 4: I/O ports at e020 [size=32]
	Region 5: Memory at d5204000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
	Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/16 Maskable- 64bit-
		Address: fee0300c  Data: 4122
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [a8] SATA HBA v1.0 BAR4 Offset=00000004
	Capabilities: [b0] PCI Advanced Features
		AFCap: TP+ FLR+
		AFCtrl: FLR-
		AFStatus: TP-
	Kernel driver in use: ahci

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 5
	Region 0: Memory at d5205000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=256]
	Region 4: I/O ports at e000 [size=32]

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV620/M82 [Mobility Radeon HD 3450/3470] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Capabilities: [58] Express (v2) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
			ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x16, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Not Supported
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Disabled
		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 2.5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
			 Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
			 Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-
			 EqualizationPhase2-, EqualizationPhase3-, LinkEqualizationRequest-
	Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee0300c  Data: 4182
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
	Kernel driver in use: radeon

01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV620 HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 3400 Series]
[...]
		Address: 00000000fee0300c  Data: 4192
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
	Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 5100
	Subsystem: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 5100 AGN
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee0300c  Data: 4152
	Capabilities: [e0] Express (v1) Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 unlimited
			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+ FLReset-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <128ns, L1 <32us
			ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
		UESta:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UEMsk:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UESvrt:	DLP+ SDES- TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		CESta:	RxErr+ BadTLP+ BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
		CEMsk:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
		AERCap:	First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap- CGenEn- ChkCap- ChkEn-
	Capabilities: [140 v1] Device Serial Number 00-21-5d-ff-ff-e0-6d-64
	Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi

08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 13)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
		Product Name: Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
		Read-only fields:
			[PN] Part number: Yukon 88E8055
			[EC] Engineering changes: Rev. 1.3
			[MN] Manufacture ID: 4d 61 72 76 65 6c 6c
			[SN] Serial number: AbCdEfG8CF0D1
			[CP] Extended capability: 01 10 cc 03
			[RV] Reserved: checksum good, 9 byte(s) reserved
		Read/write fields:
			[RW] Read-write area: 121 byte(s) free
		End
	Capabilities: [5c] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 00000000fee0100c  Data: 4142
	Capabilities: [e0] Express (v1) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s unlimited, L1 unlimited
			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr+ TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <256ns, L1 unlimited
			ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 128 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
		UESta:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UEMsk:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UESvrt:	DLP+ SDES- TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		CESta:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
		CEMsk:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
		AERCap:	First Error Pointer: 1f, GenCap- CGenEn- ChkCap- ChkEn-
	Kernel driver in use: sky2

0a:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 05) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Kernel driver in use: firewire_ohci

0a:03.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 22)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Kernel driver in use: sdhci-pci

0a:03.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 12)
	Subsystem: Sony Corporation Device 9035
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Kernel driver in use: r592

* Re: Analog sound (ALC262) lost on linux (any distro and kernel) on a dual boot system
@ 2014-12-03 17:59     ` Ploumistos Alexandros
From: Ploumistos Alexandros @ 2014-12-03 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ploumistos Alexandros; +Cc: alsa-devel

After a six-hour session trying different kernel versions and all of the
possible combinations in hda-jack-retask, I officially declare this as
unfixable - at least by me. At least my friend has sound in windows. I told her
to monitor this mailing list just in case someone else stumbles upon the same
problem with ALC262.

If anyone fond of riddles find themselves with a lot of time in their hands, the
description of the problem along with a ton of log files is here:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2014-October/thread.html#82749