* hob issues
@ 2012-07-24 20:39 Dallas Clement
From: Dallas Clement @ 2012-07-24 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I've having some difficulty running hob on Debian "wheezy/sid".  When
I enter "hob" from the command line, an X-window opens, but none of
the controls have any text labels.  Also, none of the drop-down lists
are populated.

I also see this message on the command prompt:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

I installed libcanberra-gtk3-0, which didn't make any difference.

Is there anything else I should try?

* Re: hob issues
@ 2012-07-25  6:25 ` Iorga, Cristian
From: Iorga, Cristian @ 2012-07-25  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dallas Clement, yocto

Hello Dallas,

After installing libcanberra-gtk3-0, hob still gives the same error message while starting? (i.e. Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module")

Regards,
Cristian

@ 2012-07-25  8:35   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2012-07-25  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On Wednesday 25 July 2012 06:25:22 Iorga, Cristian wrote:
> Dallas Clement wrote on Tuesday, July 24, 2012:
>> I've having some difficulty running hob on Debian "wheezy/sid".  When I
>> enter "hob" from the command line, an X-window opens, but none of the
>> controls have any text labels.  Also, none of the drop-down lists are
>> populated.
>>
>> I also see this message on the command prompt:
>>
>> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
>>
>> I installed libcanberra-gtk3-0, which didn't make any difference.
>
> After installing libcanberra-gtk3-0, hob still gives the same error message
> while starting? (i.e. Gtk-Message: Failed to load module
> "canberra-gtk-module")

FYI, when I run Hob on my system I get this message as well but not the issue
with no text being displayed, so I don't think it is related.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: hob issues
@ 2012-07-26  1:00   ` An, LimingX L
From: An, LimingX L @ 2012-07-26  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iorga, Cristian, Dallas Clement; +Cc: Paul Eggleton, yocto

I'm not sure, but please try to install the ' libcanberra-gtk-module ' package. Thanks!