* powerpc: CONFIG_PPC_CELLEB leftovers
@ 2015-04-10 11:54 ` Valentin Rothberg
From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-04-10 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpe
  Cc: benh, jk, pebolle, rupran, stefan.hengelein, cbe-oss-dev,
	linux-kernel, linuxppc-dev, paulus

Hi Michael,

your commit bf4981a00636 ("powerpc: Remove the celleb support") in
today's Linux next tree removes the Kconfig option PPC_CELLEB.  It looks
like there are some leftovers in Kconfig dependencies on this option which
avoid to properly set others (see list below).  Is there a patch queued
somewhere to fix the issue?

0 drivers/ata/Kconfig                  734 depends on PCI && PPC_CELLEB
1 drivers/ide/Kconfig                  648 depends on PPC_CELLEB
2 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/Kconfig   8 depends on PCI && (PPC_IBM_CELL_BLADE || PPC_CELLEB || MIPS) || PPC_PS3
3 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/Kconfig  45 depends on PCI && (PPC_IBM_CELL_BLADE || PPC_CELLEB)
4 drivers/tty/hvc/Kconfig               47 depends on PPC_CELLEB

I detected the issue with ./scripts/checkkonfigsymbols.py by diffing
today's and yesterday's Linux next trees.

Kind regards,
 Valentin

From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-04-10 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpe
  Cc: cbe-oss-dev, pebolle, linux-kernel, paulus, jk, rupran,
	linuxppc-dev, stefan.hengelein

[...]

* Re: powerpc: CONFIG_PPC_CELLEB leftovers
@ 2015-04-11 10:42   ` Michael Ellerman
From: Michael Ellerman @ 2015-04-11 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valentin Rothberg
  Cc: benh, jk, pebolle, rupran, stefan.hengelein, cbe-oss-dev,

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 13:54 +0200, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
> Hi Michael,

Hi Valentin,

> your commit bf4981a00636 ("powerpc: Remove the celleb support") in
> today's Linux next tree removes the Kconfig option PPC_CELLEB.  It looks
> like there are some leftovers in Kconfig dependencies on this option which
> avoid to properly set others (see list below).  Is there a patch queued
> somewhere to fix the issue?

There are not yet patches to fix those.

> 0 drivers/ata/Kconfig                  734 depends on PCI && PPC_CELLEB
> 1 drivers/ide/Kconfig                  648 depends on PPC_CELLEB
> 2 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/Kconfig   8 depends on PCI && (PPC_IBM_CELL_BLADE || PPC_CELLEB || MIPS) || PPC_PS3
> 3 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/Kconfig  45 depends on PCI && (PPC_IBM_CELL_BLADE || PPC_CELLEB)
> 4 drivers/tty/hvc/Kconfig               47 depends on PPC_CELLEB
>
> I detected the issue with ./scripts/checkkonfigsymbols.py by diffing
> today's and yesterday's Linux next trees.

Thanks.

I'll try and get patches for those done this week, but no promises.

cheers

From: Michael Ellerman @ 2015-04-11 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valentin Rothberg
  Cc: cbe-oss-dev, pebolle, linux-kernel, paulus, jk, rupran,
	linuxppc-dev, stefan.hengelein

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 13:54 +0200, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
> Hi Michael,

Hi Valentin,