* qemu device model question
@ 2015-05-13  8:54 Juergen Gross
From: Juergen Gross @ 2015-05-13  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi,

while trying to build a pvusb backend in qemu I think I've found a
general issue in xl: qemu for pv-domains is started only at domain
creation and only if there is at least one backend in qemu required.

If there is no qemu process started for the domain at creation time
it will be impossible to successfully add such a device later while
the domain is running.

Are there any plans to remove that restriction? Or have I missed
some mechanism in xl to start qemu at a later time?

Related to this problem is the question whether it would be desirable
to have e.g. qdisk and pvusb backends in the same process possibly
influencing each others throughput.

Any thoughts?

Juergen