* Usage of apt-get package in yocto
@ 2015-05-20  9:01 Raghavendra Kakarla
From: Raghavendra Kakarla @ 2015-05-20  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have some requirement with apt-get in yocto genearted rootfs.

I built the yocto source code with enabling the apt package.

But after booting the image on my machine and run the "apt-get" command for installing some package it gives the following error.

Could not open the file /var/lib/dpkg/status open(2: no such a file or directory).

The package lists or status files could not be parsed or opened.

Could you please help me for resolving this issue.

Regards,

Raghavendra K.

* Re: Usage of apt-get package in yocto
@ 2015-05-20 15:38 ` Aníbal Limón
From: Aníbal Limón @ 2015-05-20 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghavendra Kakarla, yocto

Hi Raghavendra,

On 20/05/15 04:01, Raghavendra Kakarla wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have some requirement with apt-get in yocto genearted rootfs.
>

> I built the yocto source code with enabling the apt package.
>

> But after booting the image on my machine and run the "apt-get" command for installing some package it gives the following error.
>

> Could not open the file /var/lib/dpkg/status open(2: no such a file or directory).
>
> The package lists or status files could not be parsed or opened.
This error is because you need to add package-management to
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES in local.conf,

PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_deb"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks package-management"

Regards,
     alimon

@ 2015-05-21  5:10   ` Raghavendra Kakarla
From: Raghavendra Kakarla @ 2015-05-21  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aníbal Limón, yocto

Hi Alimon,

After adding the lines what you mentioned in the local.conf file and tried to get the git packages with "apt-get " it also give the error but this time it is different. It gives the error "unable to locate package git".

I have a doubt here, when I run the apt-get in yocto distribution where it can get the given package.

Could you please clarify it.

Thnaks in advance.

Regards,

Raghavendra K.