* Linux kernel version for xen hypervisor 4.2.0
@ 2015-05-26  7:45 HANNAS YAYA Issa
       [not found] ` <1432631158.14664.65.camel@citrix.com>
From: HANNAS YAYA Issa @ 2015-05-26  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi
I compile and install linux kernel 3.4 but when booting I don't see
this kernel in the grub submenu of xen version 4.2.0.
Does it means that there is a minimum version of linux kernel that xen
4.2.0 can supprort?
Thanks
Hannas

* Re: Linux kernel version for xen hypervisor 4.2.0
@ 2015-05-26  9:05 ` Ian Campbell
       [not found] ` <1432631158.14664.65.camel@citrix.com>
From: Ian Campbell @ 2015-05-26  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: HANNAS YAYA Issa; +Cc: xen-users

On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 09:45 +0200, HANNAS YAYA Issa wrote:
> Hi
> I compile and install linux kernel 3.4 but when booting I don't see
> this kernel in the grub submenu of xen version 4.2.0.
> Does it means that there is a minimum version of linux kernel that xen
> 4.2.0 can supprort?

This is the development list, user support questions belong on xen-users
in the future please. I've changed the Cc line and moved xen-devel to
bcc.

The short answer to your question is that in general there is no linkage
between Xen version and dom0 kernel version.

Ian.

* toggles user/supervisor privilege level on page entry
       [not found] ` <1432631158.14664.65.camel@citrix.com>
@ 2015-06-04 16:33   ` HANNAS YAYA Issa
From: HANNAS YAYA Issa @ 2015-06-04 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi
I want to toggle user/sypervisor priviledge bit in page table entry
associated to a given
this page. But I my code does'nt work. I have plenty buggs.
here is the method used to set access to hypervisor level

void remove_access(l1_pgentry_t *pl1e){
l1_pgentry_t ol1e;
l1_pgentry_t nl1e;
unsigned int  nmfn;
if(__copy_from_user(&ol1e, pl1e, sizeof(ol1e)) == 0){
nl1e = ol1e;
nmfn = l1e_get_pfn(ol1e);

if(!(l1e_get_flags(ol1e)&_PAGE_GUEST_KERNEL))
{
l1e_remove_flags(nl1e, _PAGE_USER);
if(__copy_to_guest(pl1e, &nl1e,
sizeof(nl1e)) != 0)
printk("entry cannot be copied\n");
flush_tlb_all();
}
}else
printk("copy from user failed\n");
}

I hope that somebody can help me to resolve the issue.
Thanks