* Touchpad stops to work after a suspend/hibernate and resume
@ 2015-11-03  0:07 Marcos Souza
       [not found] ` <CAF8px54vNhN10U+-izJ6S3PnFTALrViWrMh-ZE7ZhHiGDWSX_g@mail.gmail.com>
From: Marcos Souza @ 2015-11-03  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

Hi guys,

some time ago I sent a patch to Linux kernel to enable my touchpad to
be recognized by Linux[1]. Everything was going smoothly, until I
check my touchpad stops to work after a suspend o hibernate.

There is some troubleshoot that I need to check first, or maybe some
test that I could do?

Please let me know if you need more info. Also, please CC me because
I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks a lot,

Marcos Paulo de Souza

* Re: Touchpad stops to work after a suspend/hibernate and resume
       [not found] ` <CAF8px54vNhN10U+-izJ6S3PnFTALrViWrMh-ZE7ZhHiGDWSX_g@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-11-03  0:12   ` Marcos Souza
From: Marcos Souza @ 2015-11-03  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Mestnik; +Cc: linux-input

HI Mike,

thanks for the quick answer!

Here I'm using Fedora 22 with GNOME. So, the problem is related to
gnome-settings-daemon and not with the kernel itself?

> For some reason Debian is shipping a version of gnome-settings-daemon that
> does this.  Upgrade to sid.
>
> On Nov 2, 2015 6:07 PM, "Marcos Souza" <marcos.souza.org@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> some time ago I sent a patch to Linux kernel to enable my touchpad to
>> be recognized by Linux[1]. Everything was going smoothly, until I
>> check my touchpad stops to work after a suspend o hibernate.
>>
>> There is some troubleshoot that I need to check first, or maybe some
>> test that I could do?
>>
>> Please let me know if you need more info. Also, please CC me because
>> I'm not subscribed to this list.
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> Marcos Paulo de Souza
>> --

Att,

Marcos Paulo de Souza
Github: https://github.com/marcosps/

* Re: Touchpad stops to work after a suspend/hibernate and resume
@ 2015-11-03  0:36     ` Bastien Nocera
       [not found]       ` <CAF8px56QZYakHN41FxggsdW+r=Y2CZ=BaQ=UKqCMtH-bHSst=A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2015-11-03  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcos Souza, Mike Mestnik; +Cc: linux-input

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 22:12 -0200, Marcos Souza wrote:
> HI Mike,
>
> thanks for the quick answer!
>
> Here I'm using Fedora 22 with GNOME. So, the problem is related to
> gnome-settings-daemon and not with the kernel itself?
>
> Thanks,

> > For some reason Debian is shipping a version of gnome-settings-
> > daemon that
> > does this.  Upgrade to sid.

I'd certainly like to know where you get this information from as
well...

       [not found]           ` <CAF8px56eN7o8q2YvrRyD9VSFdyYDerpffZuuRo+hWYQoeRF6-w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-11-03 10:29             ` Bastien Nocera
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2015-11-03 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Mestnik; +Cc: linux-input, Marcos Souza

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 19:01 -0600, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> Not sure the OP makes the distinction or not.  No model is listed, so
> this could be anything from a multi touch mouse to a tablet or phone.

I would hope that Marcos can see the difference between a touchscreen
and a touchpad. The problem isn't in gnome-settings-daemon. Or at least
it's not this problem.

* Re: Touchpad stops to work after a suspend/hibernate and resume
@ 2015-11-04  0:03               ` Marcos Souza
From: Marcos Souza @ 2015-11-04  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Nocera; +Cc: Mike Mestnik, linux-input

Hi Batien,

Yes, I could see the difference between them haha

So, do you have any tips about it? Do you need some info?

Thanks!

--

@ 2015-11-17 22:35                 ` Marcos Souza
From: Marcos Souza @ 2015-11-17 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Nocera; +Cc: Mike Mestnik, linux-input

Hi guys,

should I ask this on other list maybe, or there is a better place to ask for it?