* meta-fsl-* breakage on the Yocto autobuilder
@ 2016-01-05 17:23 Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-01-05 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

meta-fsl-ppc is still breaking the Yocto autobuilder, see for example the
errors from my latest build last night:

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Search/?items=10&query=862d702fbb99e484631315aa44b9e46f8fc567da

There's two problems caused by meta-fsl-ppc right now:

1) Four fetch failures caused by doing a world fetch on qemux86 with
meta-fsl-ppc present.  I filed this as #8802 on December 14th.
2) The openssl 1.0.1i recipe in meta-fsl-ppc fails to compile on all
meta-fsl-ppc machines that are built on the autobuilder.  This has been
filed at #8872.

We would greatly appreciate these being fixed as they're currently causing
several of the buildsets to always fail on the autobuilder.

Ross

* Re: meta-fsl-* breakage on the Yocto autobuilder
@ 2016-01-05 17:44 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2016-01-05 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2016-01-05 at 17:23 +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> meta-fsl-ppc is still breaking the Yocto autobuilder, see for example
> the errors from my latest build last night:
>
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Search/?items=10&query=862d702f
> bb99e484631315aa44b9e46f8fc567da
>
> There's two problems caused by meta-fsl-ppc right now:
>
> 1) Four fetch failures caused by doing a world fetch on qemux86 with
> meta-fsl-ppc present.  I filed this as #8802 on December 14th.
> 2) The openssl 1.0.1i recipe in meta-fsl-ppc fails to compile on all
> meta-fsl-ppc machines that are built on the autobuilder.  This has
> been filed at #8872.
>
> We would greatly appreciate these being fixed as they're currently
> causing several of the buildsets to always fail on the autobuilder.

We have noticed there have been a lot of issues on the meta-fsl builds
more recently and it does seem to take some time for them to get
resolved. Is there anything which can be done about that?

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: meta-fsl-* breakage on the Yocto autobuilder
@ 2016-01-05 18:13   ` Ting Liu
From: Ting Liu @ 2016-01-05 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Ross & Richard,

[Liu Ting-B28495] I sent a fix for this but rejected by Otavio. Seems that the suggested fix from Otavio did not work.  I will rework on it.

> > 2) The openssl 1.0.1i recipe in meta-fsl-ppc fails to compile on all
> > meta-fsl-ppc machines that are built on the autobuilder.  This has
> > been filed at #8872.
[Liu Ting-B28495] we will fix it ASAP.
As the build failure appeared on other branches (like ross/mut, master-next) instead of master (should be OK as we did test it), is there any notification for these build failures? I recall there were eamils from yocto-build mailist before.

@ 2016-01-05 20:36     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-01-05 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)