* [RFC] file checksum cache refactoring
@ 2016-02-19 14:34 Markus Lehtonen
From: Markus Lehtonen @ 2016-02-19 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: bitbake-devel

Hi,

I pushed a patchset for inspection here:
http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=marquiz/bi
tbake/checksum-refactor

The first three patches are refactoring that could be merged without
breaking anything, the last patch extending the SignatureGenerator API.

The two last patches are something that could be merged at some later
point as they make the new API mandatory.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
  Markus

Markus Lehtonen (5):
      bb/siggen: drop commented-out code
      Move file checksum cache out of SignatureGenerator
      SignatureGenerator: add checksum_cache argument to get_taskhash()
      SignatureGenerator: make checksum_cache arg of get_taskhash()
mandatory
      bb/fetch2: drop checksum cache

 lib/bb/cooker.py          |  2 --
 lib/bb/fetch2/__init__.py | 18 ------------------
 lib/bb/runqueue.py        | 13 +++++++++++--
 lib/bb/siggen.py          | 29 +++--------------------------

* Re: [RFC] file checksum cache refactoring
@ 2016-02-19 14:36 ` Markus Lehtonen
From: Markus Lehtonen @ 2016-02-19 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: bitbake-devel

On Fri, 2016-02-19 at 16:34 +0200, Markus Lehtonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I pushed a patchset for inspection here:
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=marquiz/
> bi
> tbake/checksum-refactor
>
> The first three patches are refactoring that could be merged without
> breaking anything, the last patch extending the SignatureGenerator
> API.
>
> The two last patches are something that could be merged at some later
> point as they make the new API mandatory.
>
> Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
>

> Cheers,
>   Markus

> Markus Lehtonen (5):
>       bb/siggen: drop commented-out code
>       Move file checksum cache out of SignatureGenerator
>       SignatureGenerator: add checksum_cache argument to
> get_taskhash()
>       SignatureGenerator: make checksum_cache arg of get_taskhash()
> mandatory
>       bb/fetch2: drop checksum cache
>
>  lib/bb/cooker.py          |  2 --
>  lib/bb/fetch2/__init__.py | 18 ------------------
>  lib/bb/runqueue.py        | 13 +++++++++++--

Oh, and a corresponding change to oe-core to conform the new api is
here:
http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/commit/?h=marquiz
/siggen&id=bfd119c829dac952ced358701d8b2fea7c292617

Cheers,
  Markus