* net merged into net-next
@ 2016-04-24  0:12 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2016-04-24  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eric.dumazet; +Cc: netdev

Eric, please double check my merge work for net/ipv4/udp.c

In net we fixed a soreuseport bug that added a hlist_nulls_add_tail_rcu()
call to net/ipv4/udp.c

And in net-next you converted UDP sockets away from nulls lists.

Therefore I had to add a hlist_add_tail_rcu() implementation to
linux/rculist.h and use it in net/ipv4/udp.c

Please make sure this is fine and will work safely.

Thanks!

* Re: net merged into net-next
@ 2016-04-24  1:39 ` Eric Dumazet
From: Eric Dumazet @ 2016-04-24  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller, Craig Gallek; +Cc: netdev

On Sat, 2016-04-23 at 20:12 -0400, David Miller wrote:
> Eric, please double check my merge work for net/ipv4/udp.c
>
> In net we fixed a soreuseport bug that added a hlist_nulls_add_tail_rcu()
> call to net/ipv4/udp.c
>
> And in net-next you converted UDP sockets away from nulls lists.
>
> Therefore I had to add a hlist_add_tail_rcu() implementation to
> linux/rculist.h and use it in net/ipv4/udp.c
>
> Please make sure this is fine and will work safely.
>
> Thanks!

Looks fine to me, thanks David

Craig, please have a look ?

( commit 1602f49b58abcb0d34a5f0a29d68e7c1769547aa in net-next)

* Re: net merged into net-next
@ 2016-04-25 14:38   ` Craig Gallek
From: Craig Gallek @ 2016-04-25 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Dumazet; +Cc: David Miller, netdev

Thanks David,
There was one other change that conflicts (functionally) with this
merge as well: 3b24d854cb35 ("tcp/dccp: do not touch listener
sk_refcnt under synflood")
It did a similar hlist_nulls -> hlist transform for the TCP stack.
I'll send a formal patch to address this as well.

Craig

@ 2018-12-20 20:06 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2018-12-20 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: saeedm, daniel, alexei.starovoitov

There were a bunch of conflicts, but the issue seemed to be more about
quantity than difficulty in resolution.

Saeed, thanks for the conflict resolution guidance it helped a lot.  I
always like to do the resolutions by hand so I can double check things,
rather than pull a resolution from a GIT tree.  However I do use those
kinds of things to make sure I do the resolution correctly, so it is
helpful when you provide that for me.

Daniel and Alexei, there were some test case overlaps in the verifier
and stuff like that.  Please double check my work.

As stated the net-next tree is freezing tonight, please get your
changes in on time.

Thanks.

* net merged into net-next
@ 2018-05-21 20:38 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2018-05-21 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Please double check my work, although the conflict resolutions were
relatively trivial this time.

Especially interested for some of us is that now both networking
tree have the fixes to objtool for gcc-8 which was causing tons
of bogus warnings to be emitted.  Recent upgrades to Fedora 28
would have noticed this...

Anyways, everyone should have clean builds now.

* Re: net merged into net-next
@ 2018-01-22  2:45   ` Jason Wang
From: Jason Wang @ 2018-01-22  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cong Wang, David Miller; +Cc: Linux Kernel Network Developers

On 2018年01月21日 04:17, Cong Wang wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:02 PM, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
>> Cong, please check my conflict resolution of drivers/net/tun.c, thank
>> you.
> It looks good to me except I am not sure about the xdp_rxq_info_unreg()
> inside tun_cleanup_tx_ring().

Looks correct to me.

Thanks

* Re: net merged into net-next
@ 2018-01-20 20:17 ` Cong Wang
From: Cong Wang @ 2018-01-20 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: Linux Kernel Network Developers, Jason Wang

@ 2018-01-20  4:02 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2018-01-20  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: xiyou.wangcong

@ 2018-01-17 10:36 ` Daniel Borkmann
From: Daniel Borkmann @ 2018-01-17 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: netdev

On 01/17/2018 06:19 AM, David Miller wrote:

> Daniel, please double check my merge work especially wrt. your
> packet scheduler fix.

The merge resolution for the qdisc bits looks good to me, thanks!

* Re: net merged into net-next
@ 2018-01-17  7:27 ` Saeed Mahameed
From: Saeed Mahameed @ 2018-01-17  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller, netdev; +Cc: daniel

Dave,

The resolution of the mlx5_ifc conflict was wrong and it causes a build break in mlx5, oops :(.

I hope my resolution instructions in my pull request didn't mislead you.

I will post a patch.

-Saeed.

* net merged into net-next
@ 2018-01-17  5:19 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2018-01-17  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: daniel

@ 2013-11-04 19:57 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2013-11-04 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

In preparation for the merge window I dumped the last set of bug fixes to
Linus and merged net into net-next for the final push into the merge
window.

Just FYI...

* net merged into net-next
@ 2013-08-04  4:55 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2013-08-04  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Just FYI, I've merged 'net' into 'net-next'.