* Removing builds of meta-fsl-* from the autobuilder
@ 2016-04-29  8:44 Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2016-04-29  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale, Flanagan, Elizabeth; +Cc: yocto

NXP has decided to lower its contributions to the support of the
project and is no longer eligible for the level of automated testing
we've been making of meta-fsl-ppc and meta-fsl-arm. As such we're going
to disable those builds going forward.

I don't like doing that but equally this does put a considerable load
on the infrastructure and the people running the builds and triaging
bugs and this is what we warned would have to happen.

Beth: Could you make the necessary changes please?

Richard

* Re: Removing builds of meta-fsl-* from the autobuilder
@ 2016-04-29 12:25 ` Flanagan, Elizabeth
From: Flanagan, Elizabeth @ 2016-04-29 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: meta-freescale, yocto

On 29 April 2016 at 09:44, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> NXP has decided to lower its contributions to the support of the
> project and is no longer eligible for the level of automated testing
> we've been making of meta-fsl-ppc and meta-fsl-arm. As such we're going
> to disable those builds going forward.
>
> I don't like doing that but equally this does put a considerable load
> on the infrastructure and the people running the builds and triaging
> bugs and this is what we warned would have to happen.
>
> Beth: Could you make the necessary changes please?

See: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/yocto-autobuilder/commit/?id=18640b215ecfd6b604291ef4dfdbc06f8d0aa672

When the current production run is complete, I'll update the
production AB to remove

-b

--
Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project

* Re: Removing builds of meta-fsl-* from the autobuilder
@ 2016-04-30  2:26   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-30  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: meta-freescale, yocto

> On Apr 29, 2016, at 1:44 AM, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> NXP has decided to lower its contributions to the support of the
> project and is no longer eligible for the level of automated testing
> we've been making of meta-fsl-ppc and meta-fsl-arm. As such we're going
> to disable those builds going forward.

I think that will ease out the pressure on system quite a bit
and testing toolchain changes will become a bit easier for me :)

Do we want to consider adding some popular community board BSP layers

> I don't like doing that but equally this does put a considerable load
> on the infrastructure and the people running the builds and triaging
> bugs and this is what we warned would have to happen.

agreed.

> Beth: Could you make the necessary changes please?
>
> Richard

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: [yocto] Removing builds of meta-fsl-* from the autobuilder
@ 2016-04-30  2:26   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-04-30  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: meta-freescale, yocto, Flanagan, Elizabeth