* does A311D supports SCPI?
@ 2021-07-29  2:32 张 宁
From: 张 宁 @ 2021-07-29  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-amlogic

Hi,

when I'm building minimal kernel config for A311D[1], and find A311D doesn't support SCPI.

and I tried to find answer in A311D datasheet, but no answer.

is SCPI mandatory for Aarch64?

if yes, what's the status of SCPI in A311D?

BTW, what about cpu idle, any progress[2]?

BR.
Ning.

[1] https://gitee.com/zhangn1985/config/
[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-amlogic/2020-September/008044.html

* Re: does A311D supports SCPI?
@ 2021-07-29  9:40 ` Neil Armstrong
From: Neil Armstrong @ 2021-07-29  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 张 宁, linux-amlogic

On 29/07/2021 04:32, 张 宁 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I'm building minimal kernel config for A311D[1], and find A311D doesn't support SCPI.

I'm not sure exactly, but it seems it's supported but only for cpu idle.
But for now it's not enabled for mainline kernel.

> and I tried to find answer in A311D datasheet, but no answer.
>
> is SCPI mandatory for Aarch64?

No

> if yes, what's the status of SCPI in A311D?

It's something to enable

> BTW, what about cpu idle, any progress[2]?

if SCPI gets enabled then enhanced cpu idle could be enabled.

Neil