* password forgot
@ 2016-10-25 15:52 Luciano Schillagi
From: Luciano Schillagi @ 2016-10-25 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I forgot my password in git, such as resetting?

Thank You

Luciano

* Re: password forgot
@ 2016-10-25 16:16 ` Dennis Kaarsemaker
       [not found]   ` <CAK99BNBop7aCbwbYUAVoKc9JRrR2d+SAa1=WOFuEzmdmTtNdog@mail.gmail.com>
From: Dennis Kaarsemaker @ 2016-10-25 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luciano Schillagi, git

On Tue, 2016-10-25 at 12:52 -0300, Luciano Schillagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I forgot my password in git, such as resetting?

Hi Luciano,

Git itself doesn't do any authentication, so I assume you lost the
password for an account on a hosted git solution such as gitlab or
github.

You should contact the support team of whatever hoster you use, the git
developers cannot help you here.

D.

* Re: password forgot
       [not found]   ` <CAK99BNBop7aCbwbYUAVoKc9JRrR2d+SAa1=WOFuEzmdmTtNdog@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-10-25 19:10     ` Dennis Kaarsemaker
From: Dennis Kaarsemaker @ 2016-10-25 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luciano Schillagi; +Cc: git

That is asking for your local computer password. This uninstaller also
has nothing to do with git itself, but with the third-party git package
you installed. The git project does not ship an 'uninstall.sh'