* BUG_ON in sg code
@ 2017-02-27 15:06 Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2017-02-27 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ard Biesheuvel; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hi Ard,

Apologies for the non-follow-up - couldn't find the original patch.

Your patch "crypto: ccm - switch to separate cbcmac driver" causes a
BUG_ON when virtual stacks are used, in crypto_ccm_auth() is called,
because you put odata/idata on the stack. What's going on there? I
thought we knew we can't do that? Did I miss something?

johannes

* Re: BUG_ON in sg code
@ 2017-02-27 15:10 ` Ard Biesheuvel
From: Ard Biesheuvel @ 2017-02-27 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Berg; +Cc: linux-wireless

On 27 February 2017 at 15:06, Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> Apologies for the non-follow-up - couldn't find the original patch.
>
> Your patch "crypto: ccm - switch to separate cbcmac driver" causes a
> BUG_ON when virtual stacks are used, in crypto_ccm_auth() is called,
> because you put odata/idata on the stack. What's going on there? I
> thought we knew we can't do that? Did I miss something?

It was I who missed something, obviously.

I will send out a fix asap

* Re: BUG_ON in sg code
@ 2017-02-27 16:06   ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2017-02-27 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ard Biesheuvel; +Cc: linux-wireless

On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 15:10 +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> > because you put odata/idata on the stack. What's going on there? I
> > thought we knew we can't do that? Did I miss something?
> >

> It was I who missed something, obviously.

Ok. I thought maybe I missed a plan to actually make it allowed or
something :)

Thanks!

johannes