* Re: Patch for drivers/usb/serial/ch341.c enabling parity
       [not found] <CAJ=8bT4dO=WQsm2C-vkcFWe9GNx9ht8D28kRnJvdx6zS9w7=nw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-04-02 17:12 ` Joe Perches
From: Joe Perches @ 2017-04-02 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leif Neland, linux-kernel, Johan Hovold; +Cc: linux-usb

On Sun, 2017-04-02 at 18:57 +0200, Leif Neland wrote:
> There is a patch
> https://github.com/karlp/ch341-linux/blob/master/0001-usb-serial-ch341-Add-parity-support.patch
> which enables parity selection for the ch341 USB-RS485 adapter.
>
> From: Karl Palsson <karlp@tweak.net.au> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 23:33:27
> +0000
>
> This adapter is available for cheap on eBay.
>
> The patch made me able to use this adapter for polling my modbus
> power-meter with raspberry pi.
>
> Would it be possible to get this into the official distribution?
>
> Leif Neland

You should really ask the usb serial maintainer.

There's a tool, scripts/get_maintainer.pl, that can
tell you who you ask about who is responsible for
various bits of the kernel.

$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/usb/serial/ch341.c
Johan Hovold <johan@kernel.org> (maintainer:USB SERIAL SUBSYSTEM)
Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> (supporter:USB SUBSYSTEM)
linux-usb@vger.kernel.org (open list:USB SERIAL SUBSYSTEM)
linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org (open list)

* Re: Patch for drivers/usb/serial/ch341.c enabling parity
@ 2017-04-03  8:14   ` Johan Hovold
From: Johan Hovold @ 2017-04-03  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Perches; +Cc: Leif Neland, linux-kernel, Johan Hovold, linux-usb

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 10:12:38AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-04-02 at 18:57 +0200, Leif Neland wrote:
> > There is a patch
> > https://github.com/karlp/ch341-linux/blob/master/0001-usb-serial-ch341-Add-parity-support.patch
> > which enables parity selection for the ch341 USB-RS485 adapter.
> >
> > From: Karl Palsson <karlp@tweak.net.au> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 23:33:27
> > +0000
> >
> > This adapter is available for cheap on eBay.
> >
> > The patch made me able to use this adapter for polling my modbus
> > power-meter with raspberry pi.
> >
> > Would it be possible to get this into the official distribution?

> You should really ask the usb serial maintainer.

Support for changing the parity setting was recently added to this
driver. Please give 4.10 a try.

Johan

* Re: Patch for drivers/usb/serial/ch341.c enabling parity
@ 2017-04-03  0:14 ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2017-04-03  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leif Neland; +Cc: Johan Hovold, Greg Kroah-Hartman, USB list, linux-kernel

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Leif Neland <leif@neland.dk> wrote:
> There is a patch
>
> https://github.com/karlp/ch341-linux/blob/master/0001-usb-serial-ch341-Add-parity-support.patch
>
> which enables parity selection for the ch341 USB-RS485 adapter.
>
> From: Karl Palsson <karlp@tweak.net.au>
> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 23:33:27 +0000
>
> This adapter is available for cheap on eBay.
>
> The patch made me able to use this adapter for polling my modbus
> power-meter with raspberry pi.
>
> Would it be possible to get this into the official distribution?

Kernel 4.10 has commit ba781bdf866 ("USB: serial: ch341: add support
for parity, frame length, stop bits") that adds parity support for
this driver.

Have you tried using 4.10.x?

* Patch for drivers/usb/serial/ch341.c enabling parity
@ 2017-04-02 18:00 Leif Neland
From: Leif Neland @ 2017-04-02 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Hovold, Greg Kroah-Hartman, linux-usb, linux-kernel