* systemd
@ 2013-07-02  1:35 Yi Qingliang
From: Yi Qingliang @ 2013-07-02  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hi, All:

I want use systemd, add following into my own distro.conf
     DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
     VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
     DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"

but when do_rootfs for my own image, I got error:
     error: package update-rc.d is not installed
     error: package base-passwd is not installed
     error: package run-postinsts is not installed

Any idea? Thanks!

--
Nanjing Jilong
Yi Qingliang

* Re: systemd
@ 2013-07-02 11:32 ` Yi Qingliang
From: Yi Qingliang @ 2013-07-02 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

On Tuesday, July 02, 2013 09:35:20 AM Yi Qingliang wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> I want use systemd, add following into my own distro.conf
>      DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
>      VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
>      DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"
>
> but when do_rootfs for my own image, I got error:
>      error: package update-rc.d is not installed
>      error: package base-passwd is not installed
>      error: package run-postinsts is not installed
>
> Any idea? Thanks!

I have restored to use default sysvinit, but got the same error!

--
Nanjing Jilong
Yi Qingliang

* Re: systemd
@ 2013-07-02 13:55 ` Yi Qingliang
From: Yi Qingliang @ 2013-07-02 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

On Tuesday, July 02, 2013 09:35:20 AM Yi Qingliang wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> I want use systemd, add following into my own distro.conf
>      DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
>      VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
>      DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"
>
> but when do_rootfs for my own image, I got error:
>      error: package update-rc.d is not installed
>      error: package base-passwd is not installed
>      error: package run-postinsts is not installed
>
> Any idea? Thanks!

I have found it:

	ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "remove_packaging_data_files ; "

the 'remove_packaging_data_files' is the reason!

why? it is always there, and everything ok, but after recent update!

* Re: systemd
@ 2016-05-03 17:02 ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-05-03 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacob Stiffler; +Cc: meta-arago

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 08:50:33AM -0400, Jacob Stiffler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With systemd recently enabled, I a wondering how to resolve when a
> package supports both systemd and sysvinit, but does not provide
> service files for every initscript it provides.
>
> I am looking into busybox. It only provides systemd service files
> for syslog, but provides initscripts for other services such as
> udhcpd. By enabling the systemd distro feature and removing the
> sysvinit feature, all initscipts are removed from the installation,
> and thus services without systemd service files become unsupported.
>
> Is there any way to resolve this without creating a udhcpd service
> file? Should sysvinit also be a DISTRO_FEATURE while the transistion
> to systemd is in progress?

Yeah, I was overzealous when disabling sysvinit from the DISTRO_FEATURES

Not all packages provide native systemd unit/service files and getting a
pure systemd-only build would require some extra work. It is expected to
use some of the old initscripts with systemd as a fallback, hence both
DISTRO_FEATURES are still needed.

--
Denys

* systemd
@ 2016-05-03 12:50 Jacob Stiffler
From: Jacob Stiffler @ 2016-05-03 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-arago

Hello,

With systemd recently enabled, I a wondering how to resolve when a
package supports both systemd and sysvinit, but does not provide service
files for every initscript it provides.

I am looking into busybox. It only provides systemd service files for
syslog, but provides initscripts for other services such as udhcpd. By
enabling the systemd distro feature and removing the sysvinit feature,
all initscipts are removed from the installation, and thus services
without systemd service files become unsupported.

Is there any way to resolve this without creating a udhcpd service file?
Should sysvinit also be a DISTRO_FEATURE while the transistion to
systemd is in progress?

Thank you,
Jake

* Re: systemd
@ 2012-12-14 13:55 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2012-12-14 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yevhen Kyriukha; +Cc: openembedded-core

On 14 December 2012 13:12, Yevhen Kyriukha <kirgene@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to use systemd for starting system services in yocto v1.3?

Use meta-systemd from meta-openembedded.

Ross

* systemd
@ 2012-12-14 13:12 Yevhen Kyriukha
From: Yevhen Kyriukha @ 2012-12-14 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)