* Re: [opensuse-ppc] HELP: test kernel patches on the real thing
       [not found] <20150416135014.GE913@katana>
@ 2015-04-21  0:43 ` larrystotler
From: larrystotler @ 2015-04-21  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wsa, linuxppc-dev

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfram Sang <wsa@the-dreams.de>

Quoted from the opensuse-ppc mailing list

>I'm Wolfram Sang, maintainer of the I2C subsystem of the Linux Kernel. I
>want to get rid of an ancient mechanism in the I2C core which was used in the
>2.4 era. There are only two users left; drivers for old Macintosh computers I
>don't have access to. So, I tried to emulate the behaviour on an ARM board and
>wrote a replacement for the old mechanism which works fine here. Now, I wonder
>if there are people willing to test these patches on the real thing? This would
>be much appreciated!

I have a bunch of older macs but none currently has linux and/or a current version of linux on them.

What models do you need tested?  Can you point me to a quick easy to install distro?  I usually use openSUSE but I think Fedora has a ppc port now as well.

I only have 32bit macs.  I have:

iMac DV 400Mhz
PowerMac G4 Digital Audio 466Mhz
2 - PowerMac G3 Blue & Whites (one with a G4 I THINK).
PowerMac 9600
PowerMac 9500
PowerMac 6500
PowerMac 6400
PowerMac G3 All In One Beige.
PowerBook G3 Wallstreet

I probably have more.  The top 4 are New World, the rest are Old World.  Not even sure if they work anymore but I can try them if you want.

I'm not a programmer, so if you could offer me some simple steps to adding the patches to the kernel I would be able to help.

Thanx

* Re: [opensuse-ppc] HELP: test kernel patches on the real thing
@ 2015-04-23 15:37   ` Wolfram Sang
From: Wolfram Sang @ 2015-04-23 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: larrystotler; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 08:43:24PM -0400, larrystotler@netscape.net wrote:
> [...]

Thank you for the offer! I am still in the process to find out which
machines are "windtunnel" and which ones are "keywest". I thought this
would be easy once I found some Mac owners, but seems I was wrong...

I'll let you know if one of your machines could become useful.

Thanks again,

   Wolfram

* Re: [opensuse-ppc] HELP: test kernel patches on the real thing
@ 2015-04-23 15:46     ` Luigi Burdo
From: Luigi Burdo @ 2015-04-23 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfram Sang, larrystotler; +Cc: linuxppc-dev