* [Buildroot] Custom package using buildroot-linux-uclibc-g++
@ 2018-02-12 10:47 AAlex_
From: AAlex_ @ 2018-02-12 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,
i created a custom package like the libfoo example.
Using $(eval $(generic-package))
The makefile extracts objects from archive and should link them to a so.
Buildroot is using x86_64-buildroot-linux-uclibc-gcc but this doesnt work
(source is c++).
How can i define that the x86_64-buildroot-linux-uclibc-g++ (which is
availalble in host/bin) is used instead of the
x86_64-buildroot-linux-uclibc-gcc for this package?

Regards Alex

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/

* [Buildroot] Custom package using buildroot-linux-uclibc-g++
@ 2018-02-12 15:53 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-12 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 03:47:23 -0700 (MST), AAlex_ wrote:

> i created a custom package like the libfoo example.
> Using $(eval $(generic-package))
> The makefile extracts objects from archive and should link them to a so.
> Buildroot is using x86_64-buildroot-linux-uclibc-gcc but this doesnt work
> (source is c++).
> How can i define that the x86_64-buildroot-linux-uclibc-g++ (which is
> availalble in host/bin) is used instead of the
> x86_64-buildroot-linux-uclibc-gcc for this package?

Use TARGET_CXX instead of TARGET_CC. But without seeing your actual
package .mk file it is hard to say. Could you post your .mk file ?

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Custom package using buildroot-linux-uclibc-g++
       [not found] <08c05d6899a793abe8e5b0bb14d84033@email.freenet.de>
@ 2018-02-13 15:51 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-02-13 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

Please keep the Buildroot mailing list in Cc. I've re-added it.

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 16:32:50 +0100, earthquake.de at freenet.de wrote:
> Hello,
>  thanks for your help.
>  With CXX the link works! I use my own makefile and call CXX.
>
>  mk-file:
>  CUSTOM_LIB_VERSION = 1.4.3
>  CUSTOM_LIB_SITE = $(BR2_EXTERNAL_CUSTOM_PATH)/package/custom_lib
>  CUSTOM_LIB_SITE_METHOD = local
>  CUSTOM_LIB_STAGING = YES

This should be:

 CUSTOM_LIB_INSTALL_STAGING = YES

>  define CUSTOM_LIB_BUILD_CMDS
>      $(MAKE) $(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS) -C $(@D) -f Makefile-custom_lib all
>      $(INSTALL) -D -m 0755 $(@D)/libcustom.so* $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib/
>  endef
>
>  A further issue is that the CUSTOM_LIB_INSTALL_STAGING_CMDS will not be  called so i do the staging action in the build action (you see above) .

Which will solve this problem.

Thomas
--

@ 2018-02-13 19:29   ` AAlex_