* 4.14.x - KVM guests crashing
@ 2018-02-09  9:56 Nikola Ciprich
From: Nikola Ciprich @ 2018-02-09  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: nik

Hi,

not sure whether this is the best list to ask for that, but maybe
somebody from -stable interested people has hit similar problem..

if it's not appropriate list to ask/report, please let me know

since we started rolling to 4.14.x kernels, we've experienced multiple
KVM guest panics (with 4.14 on hosts)
We've first hit it with 4.14.12, yesterday I had similar problem with 4.14.16.

backtraces can be observed here:

http://nik.lbox.cz/download/guest-panic-host-4.14.12.png
http://nik.lbox.cz/download/guest-panic-host-4.14.16.png

sorry I don't have anything more complete

they are a bit different, but there are some similarities (ie double_fault)
also important to note, both are from different host systems.

after reverting hosts to 4.4, crashes are gone.

my question is, did anyone hit similar problem? Is this something
know, maybe fixed in 4.14.17? (I'll give 4.14.17 try anyways I suppose)
(or latest git?)

could it be related to page table isolation enabled hosts?

btw hosts are running x86_64  centos 7, guests are either centos 6
or centos 7

If I could provide any further info, let me know

BR

nik

--
Ing. Nikola CIPRICH