* GSoC IIO Project: Christopher Díaz Riveros
@ 2018-02-20 13:46 Christopher Díaz Riveros
From: Christopher Díaz Riveros @ 2018-02-20 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio

Introduction and Task 01 result

Good morning IIO community,

My name is Christopher Díaz Riveros, I'm living in Lima, Perú. I'm
starting my last semester of studies, "Software development and Systems
Integration" is the name of the career. Since a couple of months I've
been trying to contribute in the kernel community, I have a couple of
trivial fixes already in the main tree. I hope I'll be able to
contribute here as well and learn more about driver development and
specially the IIO subsystem.

I have previously worked with Arduino and several kinds of sensors as
part of my IoT course in the institute.

If there is any other info that you need me to provide, feel free to
ask please.

Here is the my solution for Task 01:

chris@gentoo ~/Repos/linux-next $ grep IIO .config
# CONFIG_SENSORS_IIO_HWMON is not set
CONFIG_IIO=y
CONFIG_IIO_BUFFER=y
# CONFIG_IIO_BUFFER_CB is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_BUFFER_HW_CONSUMER is not set
CONFIG_IIO_KFIFO_BUF=y
CONFIG_IIO_CONFIGFS=y
CONFIG_IIO_TRIGGER=y
CONFIG_IIO_CONSUMERS_PER_TRIGGER=2
CONFIG_IIO_SW_DEVICE=y
# CONFIG_IIO_SW_TRIGGER is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_CROS_EC_ACCEL_LEGACY is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS is not set
# Hid Sensor IIO Common
# IIO dummy driver
CONFIG_IIO_DUMMY_EVGEN=y
CONFIG_IIO_SIMPLE_DUMMY=y
CONFIG_IIO_SIMPLE_DUMMY_EVENTS=y
CONFIG_IIO_SIMPLE_DUMMY_BUFFER=y
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_GYRO_3AXIS is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_LSM6DSX is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_MAGN_3AXIS is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_INTERRUPT_TRIGGER is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_SYSFS_TRIGGER is not set
# CONFIG_IIO_ST_PRESS is not set
--
Christopher Díaz Riveros
Gentoo Linux Developer

* Re: GSoC IIO Project: Christopher Díaz Riveros
@ 2018-02-20 14:56 ` Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2018-02-20 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Díaz Riveros, linux-iio

Hi Christopher,

The solution looks good! Please do not Cc linux-iio mailing list
for non-coding tasks!

Just send the solutions privately to me.

You have now shown your solution to all your opponents ;)

thanks,
Daniel.

@ 2018-02-20 16:44 ` Christopher Díaz Riveros
From: Christopher Díaz Riveros @ 2018-02-20 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-iio

Coding Task 01: Send 2 cleanup patches to the linux kernel.

Since each driver has it's own list of CC and To addresses, I leave
links for patches sent today for the staging subsystem.

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02742.html
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02745.html
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02749.html
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02755.html

If required, I'll add a cc to linux-iio or any personal address in the
next group of patches.

Thank you
--

@ 2018-02-20 19:28   ` Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2018-02-20 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Díaz Riveros; +Cc: linux-iio

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 6:44 PM, Christopher D=C3=ADaz Riveros
<chrisadr@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Coding Task 01: Send 2 cleanup patches to the linux kernel.
>
> Since each driver has it's own list of CC and To addresses, I leave
> links for patches sent today for the staging subsystem.
>
> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02742.html
> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02745.html
> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02749.html
> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1802.2/02755.html

Congrats this looks good!

> If required, I'll add a cc to linux-iio or any personal address in the
> next group of patches.

No need to Cc me for the patches (unless they are for IIO).

thanks,
Daniel.