* [Buildroot] Set up native build environment for kernel and application dev on target
@ 2019-06-12 19:44 bbacha
From: bbacha @ 2019-06-12 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi, I am trying to include a GCC or any other compatible toolchain in the
target image. Also kernel headers for kernel module development.
Does buildroot generate image supporting native development on the target?

Any help is appreciated.
Processor: iMX8MQ (Cortex-A53)

Thanks,
Bharat

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/

* [Buildroot] Set up native build environment for kernel and application dev on target
@ 2019-06-12 20:13 ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2019-06-12 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Bharat,
On 2019-06-12 14:44 -0500, bbacha spake thusly:
> Hi, I am trying to include a GCC or any other compatible toolchain in the
> target image. Also kernel headers for kernel module development.
> Does buildroot generate image supporting native development on the target?

No, this is not supported, on purpose. See the explanations in the manual:
https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#faq-no-compiler-on-target

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

> Any help is appreciated.
> Processor: iMX8MQ (Cortex-A53)
>
> Thanks,
> Bharat
>

> --
> Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |

* [Buildroot] Set up native build environment for kernel and application dev on target
@ 2019-06-12 20:59   ` bbacha
From: bbacha @ 2019-06-12 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a way to add kernel headers to the image? Also any ideas on whether
I can include toolchain in roofs using an overrlay feature of buildroot?

Regards,
Bharat

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/