* Dealing with line endings
@ 2019-06-25  2:26 keith.derrick
From: keith.derrick @ 2019-06-25  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am using an upstream repo with a mix of line endings.

In my recipe, I'm applying a patch with normalized line endings, as our meta layer repo has a .gitattributes with "text=auto" set.

The patch is failing due to "different line endings".

Can the git fetcher be configured to normalize line endings on unpack? I tried setting core.autocrlf in my global .gitconfig, but the fetcher/unpacker seems to ignore it.

Thanks

Keith