* [Buildroot] Logs on console
@ 2019-11-25  5:15 a
From: a @ 2019-11-25  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

How do I disable messages or logging from printing on the console?

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/

* [Buildroot] Logs on console
@ 2019-11-28 21:55 ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2019-11-28 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Anushka,

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 23:15:15 -0600 (CST), a <anushka.parashar@tesco.com> wrote:

> How do I disable messages or logging from printing on the console?

Not a very unambiguous question, do you mean the messages while
doing a buildroot build, or do you mean the messages while booting
your device/hardware?

The first meaning is more a general unix question:
	$ make > /dev/null 2>&1

The second meaning is more a general linux-kernel or
linux-startup-system question (and not very buildroot specific)...

Regards,
Peter

@ 2019-11-29  5:01   ` a
From: a @ 2019-11-29  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Peter,

I want everything to go in a file, I have an executable which runs my
application, I just want that to get printed when the system starts. I have
added it to inittab file already to run on startup.

<http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/file/t2815/Screenshot_2019-11-29_at_10.png>
Screenshot_2019-11-29_at_10.png
<http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/file/t2815/Screenshot_2019-11-29_at_10.png>

Every time when I run some commands on console messages like - random:fast
init done, random: crng init done and some updates from network interfaces
also appear telling which link went up or down.These updates are the most
annoying ones, they definitely don't look good along with the output of my
execitable.

Please tell me how to suppress those and where in buildroot directory do we
add those commands(to suppress them or to add them to any other file) so
that they don't appear on the console.

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/