* Regarding "hwmatch" error
@ 2020-04-16  4:18 Abhin pulikkottil
From: Abhin pulikkottil @ 2020-04-16  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

I have used xenomai - 3.0.5 to patch linux-4.9.38 on ubuntu 18.04. I have
completed the building process without any errors. When I rebooted to the
builded OS, I am facing some errors as follows:

error : can't find command 'hwmatch'

because of this error I cannot proceed further. Kindly look into this error
and help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards

Abhin Philip P

* Re: Regarding "hwmatch" error
@ 2020-04-16  7:37 ` Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2020-04-16  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai; +Cc: Abhin pulikkottil

---- Den 16 apr 2020, på kl 6:18, xenomai xenomai@xenomai.org skrev:

> Hi,

> I have used xenomai - 3.0.5 to patch linux-4.9.38 on ubuntu 18.04. I have
> completed the building process without any errors. When I rebooted to the
> builded OS, I am facing some errors as follows:

> error : can't find command 'hwmatch'

This looks like it's output from GRUB, i.e. before your new kernel is even loaded. How did you go about putting your new kernel in your grub config?
(Are you using EFI boot or legacy?)

> because of this error I cannot proceed further. Kindly look into this error
> and help me to resolve this issue.

> Thanks and regards

> Abhin Philip P

Per Öberg

* Re: Regarding "hwmatch" error
@ 2020-04-16  7:42   ` Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2020-04-16  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai; +Cc: Abhin pulikkottil

----- Den 16 apr 2020, på kl 9:37, Per Öberg pero@wolfram.com skrev:

> ---- Den 16 apr 2020, på kl 6:18, xenomai xenomai@xenomai.org skrev:

> > Hi,

> > I have used xenomai - 3.0.5 to patch linux-4.9.38 on ubuntu 18.04. I have
> > completed the building process without any errors. When I rebooted to the
> > builded OS, I am facing some errors as follows:

> > error : can't find command 'hwmatch'

Have a look at the first anser to this:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/766355/error-unknown-command-hwmatch

Maybe that will help you. However, because it's also loading the initial ramdik I suspect that there are further errors down the road. Where does it stop ?