* [U-Boot] ACER n310 NAND write protection issue
@ 2011-05-11  8:24 Daniel Kammer
From: Daniel Kammer @ 2011-05-11  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey everyone,

I've got an ACER n310 (n300 series). It features a s3c2440 running at 300 MHz, 64 MB SDRAM and 128 MB NAND ROM (it's Samsung k9f1g08). It's not equipped with any NOR-Flash. Apart from that it's got quite a similar configuration as FriendlyARM's Mini2440.
I downloaded the sources of u-boot and configured it according to my PDA's hardware. So far, u-boot is running and I'm able to read the whole NAND-Flash. But when I'm trying to unlock the NAND-Flash, I get the following error message:

? n310 # nand unlock

? device 0 whole chip

? nand_unlock: start: 00000000, length: 134217728!

? nand_unlock: Device is write protected!

? Error unlocking NAND flash, write and erase will probably fail

What I conclude from that is: the (NOT)WP-Pin is set to ground. The Mini2440 is not effected by this kind of issue as (according to the schematics) the (NOT)WP-Pin is connected to VCC.
However there must be a way to toggle this pin, as the original ACER-bootloader and WM5 respectively are able to write to the flash.
Any ideas how to cancel the write protection or how to figure out what pin is connected to WP (schematics are not available)?
Thanks in advance and best regards

Daniel
Schon geh?rt? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar

* [U-Boot] ACER n310 NAND write protection issue
@ 2011-05-12  7:48 ` fcipaq
From: fcipaq @ 2011-05-12  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Figured out myself. If anyone has the same issue:

set bit 12 of port A to 1:

 GPADAT |= (1 << 11)

@ 2011-05-11  8:29 fcipaq